StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my 650abs in two weeks (so I'm told) and I would like to get the Suzuki engine gaurds with the bike. There seems like a lot of different guards out there. Are the Suzuki ones okay? I'm looking for something to protect the engine and possibly the plastic if she goes down. Also can you get a power outlet from Suzuki?

Waiting patiently:confused:

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I Also can you get a power outlet from Suzuki?
No.
If you want a complete kit that simply bolts on the Powerlet DL kit is simple and around US$35.00. You can source the components yourself and make your own for less if you want.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Suzuki engine guards are really SW-Motech guards. Other brands cover higher but i don't like the way they look and I figure it would be a relatively rare case when a higher guard would allow less damage. Both work for a zero mph lay down and neither will protect the plastic from a drop at road speed. They both protect the radiator and engine which is the big deal.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I have the Suzuki guards on my Wee. Look good, fit good and I mounted a cross tube across the bottom tube so I could have cruize pegs.

cheers!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Suzuki it is!

Thanks for the info!
I will be ordering the suzuki guards .
It also sounds like Frame sliders may be a good deal but I will add them later.
Cheers
Bill:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts