StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new seat from Sergeant a few days ago through my local Parts Unlimited dealer and I was just wondering if anyone has suffered from a bad hip and had some relief with a new butt bucket? I love riding the Strom but by the end of a 300 to 400 mile day my hip is killing me.:mad: I am really hoping that this will help me enjoy riding this bike more than I can right now? Feed back is appreciated.

Flint

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
I ordered a new seat from Sergeant a few days ago through my local Parts Unlimited dealer and I was just wondering if anyone has suffered from a bad hip and had some relief with a new butt bucket? I love riding the Strom but by the end of a 300 to 400 mile day my hip is killing me.:mad: I am really hoping that this will help me enjoy riding this bike more than I can right now? Feed back is appreciated.

Flint
I had hip pain from my stock seat, related to a weight lifting injury. With the Sargent I find it's better but still have to get off the bike every couple hundred miles to stretch things out. I actually have worse pain in my truck then the V-Strom. You should feel better with the Sargent because it's a wider seat and supports the hip socket better.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts

Flint
After 50 or so miles both my hips are screaming. My stock seat was modified by Spencer. I find it much better than the Suzuki gel seat. I don't understand how an artificial hip can hurt. Next move is a Russel.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
If what you are talking about is a shooting, knife-like pain, then yes I know exactly what you are talking about. I found that excercising helps a LOT. If I do some toe touchs, knee lifts, high kicks daily, I don't get it...at all. I just added that into my normal routine and it doesn't happen now. Just "loosen up baby", in the immortal words of John Riggins to Sandra Day O'Connor.....

jeff

·
Registered
576 Posts
What kind of pain...

Is the pain IN the joint, or in the muscles surrounding the joint? I sometimes get cramping in the hip area around the front and outer thigh. I've thought about lowering the pegs, but I will more likely eventually invest in a taller seat (which I understand most aftermarkets are) to extend my legs a bit while riding. My problem comes from being cramped up into the riding position for too long with my hips flexed up. If it's bone pain in the joint, I can only say that tcmgee is right, though I will add that Aleve is also pretty awesome.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I get it on long trips when I am loaded with luggage and can not use the conventional throw a leg over mounting method. Getting on is no prob but after a day or so the dismounting has my hip feeling like its going to pop out off place. Had a stt fusion on my wrist in 05, they harvested a graph from my right hip. They say its painless but thats crap, its never been the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts