StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on getting a Cee Bailey Perfect Strom windshield, and debating whether to get the dark gray tint. I love the look, but I'm leaning against it for safety/practicality, for those times that you do end up looking through the windshield rather than over it. :???:

That said, before I make the call I figured it would be worth finding out if anyone has good/bad experience riding with a (non-shorty) dark-tinted windshield.

Thanks in advance-

Bob

·
Registered
239 Posts
How dark?

I have a 23 inch CB screen, with a light gray tint, like you mentioned I see over the screen so the tint is not an issue. I think the tint helps to see the gauges, and I like the look of the tint too!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 23 inch CB screen, with a light gray tint, like you mentioned I see over the screen so the tint is not an issue. I think the tint helps to see the gauges, and I like the look of the tint too!
Thanks; I'm leaning towards the light gray as well, but will be speaking with the Cee Baileys folks today to get their input.

I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam. Another thing I'm debating is whether to get a 23" or a 25" screen. I know the stock screen is about 15", but it doesn't have the same downwards extension as on the Cee Baileys Perfect Strom, so it's hard to predict where the top will end up. (I also have a MadStad bracket, not sure how the lowest position compares to the stock without the MadStad.

Mind giving your height and feedback on how much over the windshield your line of sight is?

Thanks-

Bob

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've definitely settled on the light gray tint for the Perfect Strom, just waiting for Baileys to reply with the difference in downward extension between stock and the PS. That will let me calculate the actual height difference at the top of the windshield, and pick between 23" and 25" heights.

Bob

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have a friend that uses a dark tint screen and says he wished it was clear. I guess it causes some problems at night and when he uses a tinted face shield or sunglasses.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've definitely settled on the light gray tint for the Perfect Strom, just waiting for Baileys to reply with the difference in downward extension between stock and the PS. That will let me calculate the actual height difference at the top of the windshield, and pick between 23" and 25" heights.

Bob
I recently put the "Perfect Strom" on my Wee. I'm 5'8 1/2" which is right in the middle for a 23" shield mounted in the middle position. I went with their recommendation(on the chart) of the 23" figuring I had the different mounting positions to play with for fine tuning. I mounted it in the middle position as they recommended and it was "perfect". I've always liked a shorter shield, so just for kicks I lowered it to the bottom position & didn't feel any difference in air flow, it's still smooth. I guess I could have gotten similar results by getting the 21" and raising the mounting position, but that would have limited the adjustment. I'm very pleased with my 23" in either the bottom or middle.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently put the "Perfect Strom" on my Wee. I'm 5'8 1/2" which is right in the middle for a 23" shield mounted in the middle position. I went with their recommendation(on the chart) of the 23" figuring I had the different mounting positions to play with for fine tuning. I mounted it in the middle position as they recommended and it was "perfect". I've always liked a shorter shield, so just for kicks I lowered it to the bottom position & didn't feel any difference in air flow, it's still smooth. I guess I could have gotten similar results by getting the 21" and raising the mounting position, but that would have limited the adjustment. I'm very pleased with my 23" in either the bottom or middle.
Thanks for the info.

After playing with the stock shield and the MadStad, and comparing the shapes of that and the Perfect Strom at the bottom, I pulled the trigger on the 23" shield in light gray tint.

I have had almost no 'buffeting' problems, but I believe having the higher shield will provide more options in inclement/cold weather, and possibly make my air even more still. (I have a Bell Star helmet, which I believe is one reason I have so few issues with buffeting.)

Bob

·
Registered
239 Posts
Me too!

I am 5-10 with a 31 inch inseam, I have a Sargent seat, which is a little lower than the OEM gel, along with the Madstad, the 23 in works great! It was nice to actually talk to a real person when I called CB to order my screen!

Thanks; I'm leaning towards the light gray as well, but will be speaking with the Cee Baileys folks today to get their input.

I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam. Another thing I'm debating is whether to get a 23" or a 25" screen. I know the stock screen is about 15", but it doesn't have the same downwards extension as on the Cee Baileys Perfect Strom, so it's hard to predict where the top will end up. (I also have a MadStad bracket, not sure how the lowest position compares to the stock without the MadStad.

Mind giving your height and feedback on how much over the windshield your line of sight is?

Thanks-

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts