StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw out an opportunity to get together and ride this saturday 4/21/07. I know it's short notice, but we'd leave the Groveland Florida (20 minutes west of Orlando) area around 8:30 and do 150 miles or so. I've got a couple of routes planned, but I wanted to know the intrest first.
Paved country backroads and a nice lunch... what more could you want.
Bert:-D

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Saturday ride

Thanks for the offer but I'll be fishing all weekend in Lake Placid, no kids, no dogs, no work, no bike, just me and the wife, beer, boat and fish! Next weekend I'll want to ride for sure! Mystrom

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I'd love to Bert but I picked up a nail in my rear tire yesterday, so I'm out of business for a week or so. Nobody stocks one and I hate to replace the front already. My fat arse needs to be on the bicycle anyway :) Maybe I'll see you on Sugarloaf and maybe not.

Don't let this discourage you from posting impromptu rides.

Stop at the bakery!

Rod
07 Vee
Riverview, FL

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you kidding Rod. I'll be riding regardless. Already got Lou wanting to go.I only have one problem. At this time I have too many bikes in the garage and I have more riding options than time.
What to do? What to ride?
Maybe do a little Richloam / Ocala off road on the 05 KTM 525 or might even take the mighty little 98 DR350.
Maybe a combination ride around lake county taking in some great clay roads on my 04 KLR 650 (17000 on the clock).
Nahhhh, I need to get some miles on my new Wee.
Bert:)

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I would love t ride, but have contractor coming over to stucco the addition. Maybe some other time soon. Can't even make Mike's tech session, darn and I really wanted to make that one!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd love to Bert but I picked up a nail in my rear tire yesterday, so I'm out of business for a week or so. Nobody stocks one and I hate to replace the front already. My fat arse needs to be on the bicycle anyway :) Maybe I'll see you on Sugarloaf and maybe not.

Stop at the bakery!

Rod
07 Vee
Riverview, FL
Hey Rod, if you're in a hurry to get riding I've got a new tire sitting here in the garage. My old tire is still holding air so I can wait a while.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Hey Rod, if you're in a hurry to get riding I've got a new tire sitting here in the garage. My old tire is still holding air so I can wait a while.
Darn nice of you, Mike. I rode to work yesterday (I'm in outside sales and my bosses were in Vegas) and was going to have some fun on the bike on the way home and I saw some finishing nail in the nearly new tire. I pulled out the nail and the tire failed the spit on finger test so I drove down to Barney's in Brandon and left the bike. They wanted to put a Dunlop street tire on it but I said no just order another Trailwing. If I'd have had this offer 24 hours ago, I'd be all over it.

I still might rent a HD to deliver the big bid package I've been working on for the past couple months down to Ft Myers on Monday.

Same damned thing happened when I had 100 miles on the Wee in 05. When I slap the first set of Pirellis on this thing 9000 miles from now, I'm ordering 2 rears. Waiting for tire deliveries is a good waste of riding season.

See you guys soon.

Rod

·
Registered
169 Posts
So far it looks like just Bert and I. I know there's got to be someone else that could join us. Bert, is Bob available to ride with us?

Hey Charlie....can you make it this Saturday? Sounds like it's going to be our kind of riding.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob,s got things to do, so he's out.
Bert

·
Registered
580 Posts
Would love to but, softball this weekend in Altamonte and Lakeland the next weekend. Even going to miss Leesburg. I only have 3 tournaments next month so there is hope for the open weekend. I sure am glad I can come out and play a couple days during the week.. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lou...Here's an update. Bob may be able to go. If so and no one else replies, we may head toward Brooksville, pick up Bob at I-75 near Crooms and head North for parts unknown.
Again, I'll update this thread tonight.
Bert

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Lou, I'll try and call you. How about we ride over to I-75 and catch up with Bob tomorrow. I'd like to meet him about 7:30 over there. That puts us out of Groveland about 6:45. Does that work for you?
We could meet at the McDonalds in Groveland if you like.
Let me know and again, I'll try and call you.
Bert

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So here's the final plan.

We'll be leaving The McDonalds in Groveland Florida at 6:45 am. We'll head over to I-75 and SR 50 and Meet another Strom owner. You can find us at the Waffle House around 7:30.
From there it's north until we want to turn and head back home again.
Bert

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put about 400 miles on a lot of those roads you would have been riding today. I kept an eye out for V-stroms but didn't spot you. Hope you had as good of a ride as I did.
Ride fun.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We had a great ride. If I could ever figure out how to post pics on this board, I'd post some.
We did about 250 miles in all. Rode north to Fanning Springs and ate at the Homestead Resturant on 98. We returned on 339 to 337 to CR40 and then south on 41 to Inverness. I aways love the ride from Inverness into Floral City on Old Floral City Rd.and then down Istachatta Rd.
Sorry, it was only the three of us.
Look for the First Annual "Great Lake adventure ride" taking place soon. It will take in some of the great Lake County roads.
till later.
Bert

1 - 16 of 16 Posts