Strom Trooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of going up to explore the FS roads a bit, see where the snow level is and whatever else can be found. I know there are a number of gates closed this time of year, snow or not, but I also know from tooling around in January there are plenty of places accessible. If we run out of stuff we can also head down to the Carbon river area if we have time.

Thinking of meeting at The Krain Restaurant outside Enumclaw at 9, or earlier if there's enough interest and people want to have breakfast.

Oh yeah, I'm probably going to ride one of the KLR's, not that it matters much.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
"I want to go", but due to the new logistics its not going to happen. Gotta find the new to me riding areas around here. Snows melting fast so access should be good real soon.

Don

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I told Janelle of my plans, the first thing she said is "Too bad Don isn't still in the area to go along." I agreed!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Explored around a bunch of areas, including 7125 up to where it got a little too steep and gnarly to do with no one else around.

Also headed up the 7030 road; it was clear all the way to the tee with 7036. Ran into too much snow to try and go any further at that intersection.

Headed back down, then on toward Pyramid Pass as far as I could get. Couldn't quite make it to the turn off the main path before I was turned back.

Glad I got up there early, by the time I was headed back toward 410 around 1:30, FR70 was like a freeway! So many people getting up to enjoy the weather, and a lot of them shooting in the many different places available.

Had a great day!

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Those are pretty high up points to be this time of year. I haven't made it that far even in April most years.
Did get the Strom back together today. Rode it for about 30 minutes after to make sure all the work was successful. Forks removed, disassembled, cleaned and new fluid. Rear shock linkage bearings repacked. Water pump removed and rebuilt. Now I'll wait a couple weeks and then pull the motor to check the cylinders for whats causing the oil usage problem.

Don

·
Registered
774 Posts
Plan to install a skid plate on the new v-strom Saturday morning. Then that bike will be good-to-go for dirt use again. Might head out for some exploring this Sunday, February 22.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wouldn't mind going on some rides with you guys once I get the ok to ride again from my ortho surgeon. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Still thinking about throwing a TKC 80 on the front of the bike for the spring and summer.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just got mine back together after a little mishap in September but currently limited to Friday's as I am taking Flying lessons and that day is my instructor's day off.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'd sure like to do some of the FS roads and know nothing about them at all. I have a 250 that I could put a Baja kit on if I could possibly keep up with you guys on that. My Vee is just too heavy for me in the dirt. Bobby in Bremerton

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I will be putting a TUSK DS kit on this in the next couple of months.We should plan a offroad/DS ride for say May or so !!.
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1424560937.867107.jpg

·
Registered
774 Posts
It sounds like we're meeting at Krain's Corner in Enumclaw at 9 a.m. Sunday 2/22 for breakfast. Then we ride out, but will be on little bikes (DR350 for me). Being planned on ADVrider.com if you're also on that forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts