StromTrooper banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
e22

I use them. For the price I like them alot.

I have a Givi Blade 47 l Top Box and e22 on the bike all the time. Together its light-weight and still nimble to drive in traffic.

The e22 weights next to nothing. One of the reasons I like them.

I wish it was possible to open the e22 boxes and take the key out.

I had bigger, more durable boxes before but sold them. To big and heavy for everyday use.

Build quality is ..... "ok". they are cheap. Thin plastic compared to e.g the Givi Trekker boxes.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have the E22s on my '12 DL650:

I consider them smallish, but my previous bike was a '98 Kawasaki Concours -- the Samsonite-style bags on that bike were immense, like 35-40 liters each. But I will say I like the top loading feature of the Givis, and the slimmer profile makes it easier to maneuver between my other vehicles in the garage.

As it is, my E22s are mostly filled with everyday gear: rain gear, bungee net, straps, tool roll, tire inflation gear, etc. For weekend trips, I can get by with the top box and a 40L waterproof bag I strap to the pillion. For anything longer that would require more gear, I'd probably have to consider larger bags.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I recently got some and they're nice looking bags on my K6 Vee, but I put my Harbor Freight Pelican-style bags back on, mainly because I don't want to dig out my keys every time I want to get into them. They fit my Givi mounting racks very tightly making them difficult to attach and detach. To detach them I found it easiest to open the bag, then press down on the release mechanism to release the bag instead of pushing down on the key. To attach them, it's easiest to open the bag and then press it to the rack from the inside of the bag. I'll be putting them up for sale before Spring.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I recently got some and they're nice looking bags on my K6 Vee, but I put my Harbor Freight Pelican-style bags back on, mainly because I don't want to dig out my keys every time I want to get into them. They fit my Givi mounting racks very tightly making them difficult to attach and detach. To detach them I found it easiest to open the bag, then press down on the release mechanism to release the bag instead of pushing down on the key. To attach them, it's easiest to open the bag and then press it to the rack from the inside of the bag. I'll be putting them up for sale before Spring.
good tip. I just first had a hard time to install them. Did it after I had opened the bag. Now I have a hard time to take it off of the bike. Seems like 21 model works better then 22.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
I have givi E22's and they are fine for everyday use, for day trips etc. For traveling/camping I would go with something larger. I also have V35's. Yes they use different racks which is a pain to switch.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Also, thanks to this thread I realized I can turn the bags around. Which I'll likely do because I'm constantly kicking them when I get on the bike.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Also, thanks to this thread I realized I can turn the bags around. Which I'll likely do because I'm constantly kicking them when I get on the bike.
An update: I flipped the boxes around the other day and am so much happier with them that way. I can't tell you the number of scuffs the lids have from my boots hitting them when I get on/off the bike. No more!

:smile2:

·
Registered
13 Posts
FYI Kappa brand are the same as Givi but only come in black and are usually cheaper priced. They are related companies somewhow. The instructions usually show both the Givi item number and the Kappa number. K22n and E22n for instance. Mounting brackets the same system.

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
Take a look at the Shad SH23.

Top load, will take a full 15" laptop and very light ....plus a slick 3P mounting system and well priced

·
Registered
430 Posts
That 3 point hitch prevents reversing case direction...probably a good thing. The larger space forward tilts the cargo load forward and down, ahead of the rear axle. If the case is reversed (small end forward) the cargo load is now rearward and up, behind the rear axle adn the bottom of the case is nearly level; load shift becomes a possibility. The load high and aft may make a bikes tail want to wag the dog. A consideration if your travels are higher speed highway runs. I do think the e-22's are a great all-round case.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts