StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Anyone out there using givi e22 panniers on a vee2?
I never took the suzuki oe ones when I bought the bike as I've always made do with a top box and tank bag but with a few longer trips planned two up I need more space but I don't want massive panniers like the trekkers, good as they are. My wife has a bad back so the smaller the better for her gettin on and off. Seen the e22's and thought they looked good and a great price to.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Google search for Givi e22 brought up some images...
Giviusa.com shows they mount to Rapid Release side racks. Fitment available for the 2014+.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have them. I did not want to put bigger panniers on the bike just yet. After researching, I chose the E22s mainly due to smaller size. Also, when mounted on the Givi quick release racks, they are not wide on the bike at all. You will be amazed at how much stuff you can pack in them. They almost give the bike a sporty look as opposed to the bigger pannier type boxes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I could only find one picture and it was to small to really see them properly.
Price from Italy is 240 uk pounds posted for the whole kit which is amazing, there about 400 pounds from uk dealers. No surprise there!
One more question. Are they ok for a pillion. Ie not hitting their legs or heels.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Have them on my '09 Wee and they are great cases. Much tougher than one would expect, although there have been reports of chipping the lids if closing them over something in the way. Wife and I ride 2-up quite often and there is no issue with the Givi's being in the way.
Hope this helps. I know you're referring to a V2 but the similarity in frame size, etc. seems to indicate relevance.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just mounted a set of E22N on my 2007 V-Strom 1000. Like the size - plenty of room unless you are going on a year-long round the world ride. Still narrow enough to maneuver around parking lots without worry of clipping somebody. Have not had them out in the rain to test level of waterproofing of seals.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I had the E21's on my 08 Wee and then got some E21's for my CBF1000.
I loved them!
Really liked the top load feature.
They are a little small but great for day to day.
The E22's look way better and appear to be able to hold a bit more.
The E22's are a good price and and appear to have a little better utility than the E21's.
I bought my 14 V2 with the factory panniers, but they aren't the greatest as they are a little small and I don't really like side loaders.
They, do however mold to the bike a bit better and don't stick out as much.
Having said that, I don't think you can go wrong with the E22's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
263 what mounts do you have with the give 22? are they the quick release? thanks. Pat in ohio
Givi PL-528. I got mine from Twisted Throttle. (they have military discount) The rack was very easy to install.

They (the bags) are quick release - very easy to snap onto the mount, but it took several minutes to get them off the first time. Maybe with practice. You have to push down on the plastic ring/loop surrounding the key - not pushing the actual key and key assembly.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I run the 21s. Great bags. It's deceiving how much they will hold because you can fill them to the top. They use their interior space more efficiently than side loading bags.

I've done month long trips with a set of E21s and a 34 liter top case.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bville bud or anybody with them, on the e22 for the 2014 V-Strom 1000 can the bags be mounted in either direction? Your bike is the only 2014 Ive seen with these bags. All the earlier DLs have the bags mounted in the opposite direction so that lid is more flat. Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
You can mount them either way. Mine face the other way now. The lower side forward makes it easier to throw a leg over, but my top box makes the hinge on the other side more desirable.

Bville bud or anybody with them, on the e22 for the 2014 V-Strom 1000 can the bags be mounted in either direction? Your bike is the only 2014 Ive seen with these bags. All the earlier DLs have the bags mounted in the opposite direction so that lid is more flat. Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Bville hi...which side rack did you go with on your e22 bags? Im looking for the highest and tightest profile. Yours looks good. I have a Yoshi pipe which sticks up a little higher than stock muffler so I need to be sure to clear. Thanks Reid

You can mount them either way. Mine face the other way now. The lower side forward makes it easier to throw a leg over, but my top box makes the hinge on the other side more desirable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Givi PL-528. I got mine from Twisted Throttle. (they have military discount) The rack was very easy to install.

Gents the Givi PL528 side case racks are not for the 2014+1000. They are for the '02-'13 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000. Somebody is going to order the wrong part reading this Vee2 section.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It was a hard decision with the GiVI racks 90 bucks cheaper but I bit the bullet and bought the SW Motech quick release racks.

After studying the best photos I could find on both....my observation is that the SWM rack sits approx. 3" rearward than the GIVI rack. 3" is allot on a motorcycle when it comes to ergonomics of anything. While I'm not NBA material, I am 6'-0" and I figure that extra room to throw my leg over will come in handy. More to come.

First pic GIVI. 2nd SWM.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts