1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't use it, but I did look at it at the local Cycle Gear. Yes, it's cheaper than the competition but it shows in the quality of materials, construction and details. It will probably work well enough for occasional use. For those who ride through chilly winters, spending a little more money to get a better products may be a better choice in the long run.

I am partial to Warm-n-Safe, been using it for years, never had an issue with the controllers (when they were still the only game in town and sold them through Gerbing) or the heated gear later.

http://www.warmnsafe.com/

If you are looking for a deal, try here:
Outlet Store - Warm & Safe Heated Gear, LLC

Gustavo

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be my first set of heated gear. I am thinking the Warm and safe liner and dual controller is going to be my setup. I'm going to add heated grips and hand guards and try that before I get heated gloves. Then add what I feel I need after I have ridden a few times. Plus I'm going to add the EB fuse block with headlight harness and cut switch.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or First Gear as seems like people are saying that Warm and Safe makes their heated gear and its a bit less expensive.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
+1 on the Warm & Safe gear. I think, when it comes to that kind of gear, it pays, in the long run to get the best you can afford. Good gear won't let you down. Ask me how I know that. Gerbings is also very good gear, and they stand behind their product, too.

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
A few of the local guys here have the Gerbings, and twice a year they have to send them back for free repairs. It seems the wiring is not very secure. A great lifetime warranty if you don't mind paying the shipping and waiting 3 weeks or a month for each repair. The problem is your gear is always in the shop when you need it most (after you discover it is broken). Need two sets so you always have one in rotation.

I have warm n safe and never had a problem. I am sure any gear will break down after many years of use though. No idea about Sedici stuff, but that price is excellent with a free controller. My warm n safe liner was about the same price without the controller.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know how much power I will save by buying an electronic controller versus a rheostat controller?? I'm trying to squeeze every bit of electrical savings out of the strom.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use the First Gear/Warm and safe outfit and have no troubles over the last five years of use. I did buy a Sedici liner and controller as a gift for a friend in India and he has nothing but good things to report so far. (1 yr old). It does feel cheaper than the Warm and Safe stuff but Cycle Gear does a good job of standing behind tier stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts