StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sturgeon. My bad for not using Search on this topic before posting but I'm glad you pointed me to that ADVrider thread. Wow.

My impression now is that the unit is very easy to use improperly but if you use it correctly, know what the LED's are telling you, know the limitations of the device, it can work great.

Would you agree sturgeon? I'd be interested in your opinion since it has been a couple more months for you with this device.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Based off what I have read on a number of forums (especially ADV), I bought a spot. I looked up Hawaii on their web site, and there is only one retailer (ritz camera in the mall) they had one and didn't know anything about it. So I bought the only one in Hawaii.

I was driving home about an hour ago, and it dawned on me that I am in the middle of the pacific ocean... and I may not be in the coverage area. "Well, I must be" said I, they sell it here.

I just looked at their site again. Nope, shows no coverage. I am headed back to return it.

My intentions are to have this thing on my trip next year from Tijuana to Prudhoe Bay. My hope was to play with it here in Hawaii until then (not really necessary, but fun and building my trust in it).

Bummer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts