StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about riding down to WV for some camping/whitewater rafting in August or September and was wondering if there was any interest in making this a group adventure. Here's a link to the place: Adventure on the Gorge. AOG has lots of activities and several lodging options so I figured everyone could plan their own activities but it would be pretty cool to ride and possibly camp as a group. Of course, getting in some local riding would be awesome too if anyone knows any good routes. Specific dates can be decided based on interest but I was thinking along the lines of riding down on a Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
you need to go when the Gauley is releasing. i've never rafted it but i have kayaked the gauley river and the new river. rafting the gauley is not a novice thing. they may not take you if you've never rafted before or have no private ww boater experience. you must be in good physical condition and able to swim a rapid without panick. people DIE in whitewater. i'm always up for a little adventure. i'll be watching this thread and may join up if the trip happens.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need to go when the Gauley is releasing. i've never rafted it but i have kayaked the gauley river and the new river. rafting the gauley is not a novice thing. they may not take you if you've never rafted before or have no private ww boater experience. you must be in good physical condition and able to swim a rapid without panick. people DIE in whitewater. i'm always up for a little adventure. i'll be watching this thread and may join up if the trip happens.
The Gauley releases on weekends starting Sept 6th. Not sure I'm up for that since I have practically no experience. I did some crazy whitewater stuff as a kid but that's been many, many moons ago.

I retired from the AF in 2007. How long have you been retired from the Navy?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts