Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New top-loading aluminum saddlebags from Givi that are a bit more sleek than the Trekker Outback and use the standard PLX/PLXR mounts.. anyone try them on a Strom yet? They are 36L each. I would love to see mounted pics.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just ordered a top case from GWCycle in Calgary;

gwcycleworld.com/givi-givi-trekker-dolomiti-top-case-dlm46-detail.htm?productId=-6102619]GIVI TREKKER DOLOMITI TOP CASE - DLM46 for sale in Calgary, AB | GW Cycle World (403) 569-9555

Add www to the front if you want to see the link, as I'm too new to be allowed making links.

I already have kappa side luggage to go with it. Had to by 3 new locks so they would match up and I hope it arrives in the next week so I can try it out.

The price was, IMHO, pretty good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just ordered a set of the side cases and the pl3101 rack to go with them. Got a good deal I think. With the cases and rack, plus Givi engine crash guards and shipping the total price was $740ish.
I got it from Motostorm.it

I'm anxiously waiting for them. I will buy a top case that matches the set later, but since I am stuck between wanting the 30 litre top case for the looks factor, or the 46 for utility, I will wait for a while to order it.

I am leaving on a 2700 mile 2 up camping trip with my daughter in June so I am hoping these side cases will be just the ticket. I couldn't find any pictures of them mounted to a vstrom ('16 650)

I will post pictures and impressions when I get them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fatal flaw

I ordered the 30L Trekker top case and it looks pretty cool but has a fatal flaw - it wont lock to the rack when the case is locked.

Also, the latch is mechanism to open the case is not intuitive and requires lots of fiddling to get open.

How Givi overlooked such basic flaws or simply ignored them speaks to poor product development and quality oversight.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I ordered the 30L Trekker top case and it looks pretty cool but has a fatal flaw - it wont lock to the rack when the case is locked.

Also, the latch is mechanism to open the case is not intuitive and requires lots of fiddling to get open.

How Givi overlooked such basic flaws or simply ignored them speaks to poor product development and quality oversight.
Givi has gone to sh*t... I outfitted my new 2018 with a lot of Givi products and have had nothing but issues.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've bought quite a bit of Givi stuff this last year and it's all been great. I didn't get the Dolomiti, however, as the prices in Italy for the Trekker Outback luggage weren't that much more than the Dolomiti, so I went with the older design. No regreat. I have a Vee2, 2014.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my 2017 V strom 1000 (actually it is 2016 model) year end of 2017 . I put on the Dolomiti 46 top box and 36 panniers . The pannier racks are also quick release design. I like these very much

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts