StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install heated grips on my 2008 Dl650. I will install under Grip Puppies

I have been reading about the Symtec kits at California Sport Touring:

Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater Kit with toggle switch
Price: $33.98

But I found these by AeroStich:
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Heated-Grip-Kit-p-16539.html

AeroStich
Heated Grip Kit #1400 Price: $27.00
Detailes
A flexible, adhesive, wrap-around heating element with printed-circuit-type elements that fit between the handlebar and grip, keeping your digits from turning into frozen turkey feet of limited utility during cold weather rides. We all remember what that phenomenon feels like, right? Comes with two elements, wiring, resistor, and an on/off, hi/lo switch. Super, almost unbelievably effective, and a great comfort as well as a safety enhancer. For 12V systems. Draws: low (2 amps/28 watts), high (3 amps/40 watts).

·
Registered
122 Posts
I haven't tried them, but they look very, very similar to the Symtecs. I have the Symtecs and they are excellent. I put them under the grips (Progrips 714's) - not between the grips and grip puppies.

Also, Symtec offers a choice of switches. A toggle like the Aerostich (which looks hideous in the picture IMHO), or a rocker. Check out how the rocker looks with no drilling or hassle. It is held on with a coated cable P Clamp from Ace Hardware (about $1.50).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts