1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't notice the FM version until you mentioned it. Pretty cool. Is the FM radio included? it seems to be but I didn't see where or how the radio itself mounts.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I didn't notice the FM version until you mentioned it. Pretty cool. Is the FM radio included? it seems to be but I didn't see where or how the radio itself mounts.
The radio is built in and works okay. The problem is the limited number of buttons that are all multi-function. It takes a while to sort out what does what. Also, you can buy a spare helmet mic/speaker component for the teamset (that has two speakers) for $25. It works with all 3 versions of the Scala rider and while it isn't stereo, it is much better than a single speaker.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Scala Rider FM

I got the Scala Rider FM so I can listed to my XM RoadyXT Satellite Radio. It plays through an FM radio.

It also solves a problem my earlier Scala Rider had with resyncing to the phone on headset power up. Now, I don't have to touch my phone when I turn on the Scala Rider again.

Thanks to the earlier poster with the comment about using the 2 speaker mount for the Scala Rider headsets.

Tony (http://www.tontodonato.com)

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a thought.... What kind of helmet are you wearing, those of you that are using a scala system? And, is there pretty much enough room in your helmet for the speakers and boom mike?

I'm going helmet shopping this weekend and of course we all know that helmet choice is dictated by personal fit. I'm just looking for ideas. I'm leaning now toward the Scorpion EXO 700 but I'll have to see if there's enough room in that one, and of course, how it fits.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I'm going helmet shopping this weekend and of course we all know that helmet choice is dictated by personal fit. I'm just looking for ideas. I'm leaning now toward the Scorpion EXO 700 but I'll have to see if there's enough room in that one, and of course, how it fits.
It mostly depends what your ears are shaped like.

I have Scala mounts on two Scorpion EXO-700 helmets. The speakers are very thin and I don't notice them. I have a Motorola speaker in another helmet. For that one. I used a soldering iron to melt a bit of the foam so the speaker fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts