StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 1050XT
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motoparty Motorcycle Windshield Extension - Universal Adjustable Clip-on extender For Kawasaki Yamaha Harley Buell Triumph Ducati
I saw this on Amazon. Has anyone tried it with the stock 1050 windscreen?

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Vendor
5,714 Posts
Oh, you mean they are from the CCP?

Yes people are using them on DL1050s. They are only similar to the PUIG. They are a knock off of the MRA. Scanned and duplicated except for quality and materials. Low road to world domination.

If you re asking in general do spoilers like this work, absolutely.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a different windshield lip, I put it on for longer hwy trips and take it off the rest of the time as I record some of my trip with the gopro and it is too much in the frame

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
This is what I have on mine now. I actually had it on my Gen1 DL650 and just moved it over to the 1050. It really helps move the air over the top of my helmet, and while not quiet like my K1200LT, WAY quieter than without. Also, on those really hot days last summer riding through Kansas, I just adjusted it so it was horizontal to the ground and let the air hit me full blast. You can see it mounted on the last pic on Rick's post about the new lightbar he just designed for the 1050's here: Sneak Peek DL1050 Light Bar | StromTrooper

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Motoparty Motorcycle Windshield Extension - Universal Adjustable Clip-on extender For Kawasaki Yamaha Harley Buell Triumph Ducati
I saw this on Amazon. Has anyone tried it with the stock 1050 windscreen?
I have one. Bought it for a particular trip ('14 V-2). Super adjustable. No tools. I ended up having the bottom overlapping my windshield (OEM big one) by about an inch and forward off set about 3" and parallel with the main wind screen.
Now that we are nearly free to travel, I'm planning a long haul ride. I am considering getting two more of these spoilers for the sides of the main windshield. Maybe.
I also use the same spoiler on my other bike which adopted my short OEM V-2 windshield.
So in general ... pretty handy, they stay put, don't wobble and nothing has broken yet after two seasons.

Reactions: richlandrick

·
Registered
2016 DL650A
152 Posts
It's a cheap piece of crap that does the job real well. Highly recommended. Breaks up the wind to the helmet, without needing to look through the the windshield (I have mine at he lowest position). And you can raise it for highway riding if you want to get more protection then.

There may be better solutions, but I don't think there are any others at the same price.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
I had one on my 04 vee. Worked well and the hardware was well made.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use one and like it. The one in the pic, the adjuster at the windscreen disappeared one ride, so I put a nut and bolt in. The newer one came with knob clamps to replace the quick adjuster.
08C1FF7B-3AFF-44E1-BAC9-5E06F240F9A1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,438 Posts
They really work but iffy construction so tend to lose pieces. The adjustable friction clamps fall apart on the highway...better to use nut and bolt. Otherwise work fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use the Lemaire Lip. Have it on 4 bikes. Works great for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts