StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a product report? I saw them on the Twistedthrottle site. Only $157.50 for a pair and $141.75 for the racks. I know I'm cheap, that's why I'm interested! There's even a picture with them installed on a DL1000

M

·
0 Posts
jackpiner57 said:
How about a product report? I saw them on the Twistedthrottle site. Only $157.50 for a pair and $141.75 for the racks. I know I'm cheap, that's why I'm interested! There's even a picture with them installed on a DL1000
I put mine on a couple weeks back. Got them from twisted throttle along with the racks. Took about an 1/2 hour to mount the racks. Didn't need to remove anything except the tail rack cover to get to the bolts. Very easy install. All the hardware needed came with the rack.

The locking mechanism is good/solid. They fit the racks nicely with no play or rattling. Overall I am happy with them. They are maybe an inch wider than the bars. They are small though. I carry a clear faceshield in one and lock my pants and jacket in the other when commuting. Good for the small shopping trip to the market as well. I also have a small SHAD37 and everything matches nicely.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
marndo, Thanks for the informative report! I think I'll order them. I bought a Cortech tail bag today and it works great. These sidecases should go well with it. :)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to ask, do the GIVI mounting racks interfere with the passenger or operator in any way? In the picture of them it looks like a really long piece going towards the front. Where does that part mount?

M

·
0 Posts
The rack mounts to the passenger foot peg bracket and uses one of the available holes. I like these smaller cases because they leave plenty of room around the passenger pegs. I take the wife and daughter out for rides occasionally and they demand a certain level of comfort :D .

D

·
0 Posts
jackpiner57 said:
I bought a Cortech tail bag today and it works great.
Which tail bag did you pick up? I was looking at the Cortech sport, and was wondering if it was big enough for a laptop. Not sure I want to go the route of the Shad or Givi trunk just yet.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
marndo,

Thanks for that info. I take my wife and daughters out for rides too. It sounds like these sidecases are what I need. :D

daswulf,

I bought the Cortech Tailbag. The dimensions are 17.5"long x 12" wide x 10"high. http://www.tourmaster.com/product.html?sku=82-411

There are lots of pockets and room for a full face helmet inside. There is an organizer w/ pockets under the top lid. It fits on the luggage rack nicely. I don't know if a laptop will fit in it though.

It is not the Cortech Sport Tailbag which is smaller. Too small for me.
[/img]

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Imagine, I got a price from Glen.

(2) E21N Sidecases = $149.00
(1) PL532 (DL650 sidecase fitment kit) = $133.00

$282.00 Total for all this cheapy goodness! :arrow: :D

Well, plus shipping :cry:

M

·
0 Posts
I think the racks will fit any Givi case so if you want to 'size up' you are good to go :D .

·
Registered
178 Posts
I use the E21's on both the strom and the KLR, their great for a cheaper and smaller version of the larger cases. And I bought mine from www.sporttour.com as well, great people to deal with, good prices and shipping was quick and cheap but I already had racks on both bikes for the larger Givi's I use on longer trips but don't like the fat ass look they give the bikes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had them fitted on my old 1000, they are very durable, when I used them on my Thunderbird I had a tip over when my foot slipped on gravel, they stood up well with only a little scuffing, considering most of the weight of the bike was on them and it was fully laden with touring kit. They also are very slim so slipping between lanes is no problem. Try and get common locks mine are all different, I look like being a jailer opening them up, oh and Kappa are also the same cases and are cheaper if you can get them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
jackpiner57 said:
Thanks Imagine, I got a price from Glen.

(2) E21N Sidecases = $149.00
(1) PL532 (DL650 sidecase fitment kit) = $133.00

$282.00 Total for all this cheapy goodness! :arrow: :D

Well, plus shipping :cry:
Glad I could help. Hopefully my mounts come in this week. I only live about 60 miles from them, so I get to drive down there an pick them up when they come in. They were the cheapest place I found to order givi stuff though. :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
These sound like exactly what I was going to search for!
However, although I live in a metric world, I can't relate to their 21 litre size :oops:. Will they hold a full face helmet?
I suppose I could look up the dimensions and make a cardboard replica - but this forum is much easier! :lol:
Thanks in advance.

Al

D

·
0 Posts
kamloopsal said:
However, although I live in a metric world, I can't relate to their 21 litre size :oops:. Will they hold a full face helmet?
16.5" W x 7.5" D x 13.5" H ... so probably not

Unless you have a really skinny head!!

S

·
0 Posts
I use the SW MOtech unversal quicklock racks... as I can mount various bags on them. I have a set of Givi 21's and while small - they don't give you a HUGE FAT rear. Great for short trips riding in traffic etc. And YES ... I used them on a trip to CO this year and dropped the bike trying to get unstuck on a beach in sand and desending a dirt/mud/clay mtn pass in the rain. Both times on the same rear bag - it flexed - didn't break - still works just fine. For the money ... can't beat um. I ordered the cheapo top box from JC Whitney - see how that works shortly. Yah a set of Jesse's or Happy Trails would be the best - but I don't have 1300 bucks for a 3 bag setup - LOL

V

·
0 Posts
Givi E21N side bags

Hey guys,

I can't seem to find any info on whether or not these E21 bags lock or if they're detachable. Can someone provide some input?

Thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
They lock closed and are locked to the rack, unlocked you can remove them from the bike like all the Givi bags.

·
Registered
211 Posts
As part of the Monokey system, they all use the same mounting method common to top cases and side cases and are thus useable in either location (even though it might look rather strange). All of the cases require the key to remove from the mounts and the key also acts to open or lock the case. You will get four keys (all the same) with the pair of E21s. The cases are small - which is what I expected and wanted - but good for snacks, water, clothes, etc. What is not obvious from the catalog pictures is that they have a nice handle so that you can carry them off of the bike (after unlocking the mount with a key, of course) to wherever you please. I like them - just right for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts