StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everyone enjoying the weather? I havent seen any bikes out in my area even with temps in the 30's-50's. Its very nice out during the day, and the roads are clean :)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I would if I had a bike but it hasn't come in yet.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I've been doing short hops all week pickin up 15-30 miles a day ( I'd do more but this full time job seems to cut into my riding time:( ) I'm still hoping to be able to do a ride next week end ,as that would be MY longest riding season since I left Fla. in '80 :D )

·
Registered
141 Posts
Still ridin'

Yep, got in a good hour ride on Christmas Eve. And, since I got a gel seat for Christmas, I'm looking to get some more rides in when the streets dry out.
Bob

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
I am ALWAYS out riding. If there is no snow/ice on the roads, and the road salt has been cleaned off from rain....I am out!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Christmas Day

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
After I got my heated grips installed, I took a 120 mile from my house to Greenville, OH and back on Christmas Eve. Some of the looks I got from people on the road were priceless.

Also, if you are going to ride in colder areas during the winter, PLEASE remember that people in cars are not expecting to see a bike during the winter. Generally people look for large blobs. I had several cars pull out in front of me.

Cheers!

Tige

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
I have been. My downfall right now though is the "black ice" or just plain ice right now. I have to be at work at 7:30 a.m., which means I usually leave around 6:45. Even though we have been having warmer days around lunch time, it can be in the freezing range in the early a.m.

I have heated grip wraps, heated vest, and spiffy gear that keeps me nice and toasty. The ice is just a bit scary.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

I'm still riding. I put on 50 miles on Christmas day, 188 on Dec. 28, and 86 today (Jan. 6.) It is cold here in Minnesota, but we just have to watch for ice patches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts