StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at Deland Suzuki in Fla. today and they had four or five 2011 leftovers that are available for $5999. The saddlebag promotion is not available at that price, but who would care.
I want to cry, after paying $7100 a few weeks ago in NJ. The salesman said they could ship them anywhere in the US for around $550.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
There is a white one here still available. I saw it at:

Lost River Powersports
Bowling Green, KY

I didn't ask how much they want for it as I am not in the market for a new bike at the moment (went in to try to buy a #38 main jet for my Honda Helix).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow...that is a good deal. A dealer in Indiana quoted me $8000 out-the-door for a 2011 650 ABS. I guess that is about $7300 before sales tax and doc fees.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Maybe you could dry your eye's up if you told him to write it up for that money. I bet there is FEE'S... like setup & freight etc that would get added at the time of sale. :argue:

·
Registered
194 Posts
have been looking at their online ads. Does anyone know if they sock it to you on the Fees? Sounds too good to be true, and you know how that works.

I stopped at Deland Suzuki in Fla. today and they had four or five 2011 leftovers that are available for $5999. The saddlebag promotion is not available at that price, but who would care.
I want to cry, after paying $7100 a few weeks ago in NJ. The salesman said they could ship them anywhere in the US for around $550.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I spoke to Chris at the Deland dealership about ten days ago. He said there would be fees to bring the total to about $6,900 - then sales tax in your state if they apply. I bet they'll all be gone with Bike Week happening this weekend.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke to Chris at the Deland dealership about ten days ago. He said there would be fees to bring the total to about $6,900 - then sales tax in your state if they apply. I bet they'll all be gone with Bike Week happening this weekend.
As they say, if it sounds to good to be true, probably is, but I would call again, because the auction was still active, when you called.
I was top bidder, but didn't meet the reserve. The next day I got an email, offering it at $6000. I knew I was on my way down here, so I didn't call anyone, just went to the dealership.
I spoke to a Ryan Volo. I asked if $6000 was the price, before tax and he said it was. We all know how these things work. If your serious about buying one, I'd call again and mention my incident and see what happens, what's the worst that can happen.
I'd feel a little better if the price isn't legit, because I spent $7100 on mine about a month ago and it really hurts if I could of saved $1100. He did say, that at the $6000 deal, the saddle bag promo was out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wonder if that $5999 includes freight and prep, which is usually around $500 total. I don't trust deals that look that good, esp. when it is under dealer invoice. I could have saved $1500 if I bought a leftover but I wanted the new engine. Glad I did because that new motor is extremely smooth and responsive. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
100 Posts
have been looking at their online ads. Does anyone know if they sock it to you on the Fees? Sounds too good to be true, and you know how that works.
Call and ask this question: "When I write a check for the sale, how much do I put on it?" or "What is the Grand Total including all fees, license, transfer & charges that are involved?" Those fee vary from shop to shop. They range from zero to over $1,000. Usually a price that's way under every other dealer will be accompanied by big fees. But not always. You might find a dealer really selling something below his cost if he has way too many and they are moving slow. He's paying floor plan interest at about 4-5% APR now and the thing is getting worth less every day. He may decide to make the bleeding stop and take a loss.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Love that- "how much do I put on it (check)?"

$5999 right??? The interwebs is full of these advertisements.

Call and ask this question: "When I write a check for the sale, how much do I put on it?" or "What is the Grand Total including all fees, license, transfer & charges that are involved?" Those fee vary from shop to shop. They range from zero to over $1,000. Usually a price that's way under every other dealer will be accompanied by big fees. But not always. You might find a dealer really selling something below his cost if he has way too many and they are moving slow. He's paying floor plan interest at about 4-5% APR now and the thing is getting worth less every day. He may decide to make the bleeding stop and take a loss.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Steady on lad, you can bet there is a lot more to that story than appears. Dealers aren't in the business of selling at a loss.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts