StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't realize, but the shop gave me a 42 rear sprocket instead of the 41. I'm wondering how much out the speedo will be, and how much affect will notice on fuel economy. I'll likely take it back in the a.m. and get the proper 41 sprocket.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the speedo or fuel mileage?

I already notice the fuel economy a little worse since the Yosh box remap. I'm not really interested in making it even worse. The stock gearing is ok for me, as I spend most of my time at highway speeds.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
I can't compare for you, as I bought my (much faster RED :yesnod:) '06 DL1000 with a 17/43 already installed and haven't changed it in any direction. The 43-tooth makes 6th gear rate as "useful" in my opinion, though, and others report the OD as useless with standard gearing.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use my 6th gear more now after the remap. Smoothed things out.

·
Registered
22,312 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
stock 05 DL1000..17-43 Speedo reads 84 when doing 75 per gps.. fuel economy is 43-44 mpg according to gps milage.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the 17/42 setup. It's a touch more responsive and I can use 6th gear more often. I get 40-43mpg. My speedo was 6% off stock, now it's a straight up 10%. It's pretty easy to do the math on the fly.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 2005 Vee and i thought the stock gearing was 17/42?

that's why the 16/43 was so popular.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts