StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my eye on doing the PA portion from Lawrenceville on the border with NY to Hagerstown WV.

Looking at the weather it looks like I've got a non-rain window for a couple days starting Monday May 6th. If anyone has been on these roads in the last month I'm looking for feedback on water levels, downed trees, closed roads etc.

Much appreciated ... tom in water logged Ottawa.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
There is no Hagerstown WV. Hagerstown is in Maryland.

I'm in Chambersburg on the south side of Michaux (miss-sho) Forrest (BDR travels through Michaux) about 25 miles north of Hagerstown. If you need a yard to pitch tent in (or there are hotels across the street) let me know. Have tools lift and cold beer.

I'm located 3/10 of a mile off I-81 exit 20 Scotland.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey there! Craig here. I live in Middletown right near South Mountain/Antietam Battlefield in Section 5 of the MABDR and I really apologize I did not see your post prior to this. The old route of the MABDR literally came right by the house. It changed slightly to give a a little better access to the South Mountain Creamery (great milk/Choco Milk/Ice Cream!) but I have ran all the roads and trails in this area for years. I am not sure if you had a chance to run it down to Hagerstown or in the area but if you ever need anything from around here just let me know!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts