StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do the 125 mile Lake Okeechobee loop?
I'm planning on going in a week or so. I live 25 miles from the lake so in total I expect to put close to 200 miles on my bike that day.
I'll be taking rain gear and food that's for sure. I'm also hoping to find some cool off road excursions along the way.
I'll be doing this ride with Dunlop 606 knobbies.....I sure hope it doesn't rain!
:lol:

·
Registered
852 Posts
If you have 606's on the bike, what kind of bike is it?

The 606's don't come in V-Strom sizes.

You have my undivided attention!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fl_strom wrote:
If you have 606's on the bike, what kind of bike is it?

The 606's don't come in V-Strom sizes.

You have my undivided attention!
I'm sorry. Here I am posting on the V-Strom forum and I don't have one YET.
I posted in another forum on this site (V-curious) about my situation.
I have a 2000 KLR 650 and am eyeing up a DL1000. Some of the guys are telling me to go with the 650 but I can't make up my mind.

So I apologize for misleading you on 606's for your Strom. If I'm not mistaken, the Continental MK 80's are a good 50/50 tire for the Strom.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Haven't done it yet, but a friend of mine with an 1150GS and I are planning to do the loop in the next few weeks. I'm in Orlando, he's in Tampa, so we're going to meet up in the Winter Haven area and the full round-trip is going to be 450-ish miles for us.

Let us know how your ride goes. I'm looking forward to hearing if you find any good off-road bits along the way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will post on my experience. I'll be going solo and plan on leaving early. It'll probably take most of the day to complete.(especially if there's rain)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks for the write-up. Nice pics! I've got a route down there and back planned out, just need to find a weekend to do it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okeechobee Lake Ride

While I haven't rounded the lake, I have ridden the east side a few times since I live in Miami, and bought my 1000 from ARS in Okeechobee. Nice folks and the ride up and back (280 miles) isn't bad. Road surface is a little rough in some areas but nothing to keep you from running 60+mph.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts