StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to see if anyone has re-sprung and re-valved their stock rear shock? I don't quite have the money to spend on a completely new shock right now, and I'm not sure I even want to if I can get similar results by reworking the stocker. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Well, it is not the answer you are expecting, but one of our club fellow here had to let Suzuki replacing the rear shock unit under warranty due to softened spring. And an other buddy's rear unit went also wrong (adjuster knob stuck).
Both bikes are less than 2 years old and below 50 000 Kms.

Not too promising news. :???:

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had my K7 Wee shoclk reworked by AfterShocks in the San Fran bay area. I needed not to repring it. He used the oem shock because it had remote preload. Added a Penske remote resevoir and revalved the oem shock. Went from 80% preload down to 50% this is why I didn't need to add a heavier spring. Also added race tech emulators and revalved the front and added new springs. This is by far the greatest improvement of reworking the suspension on any bike I have ever owned and reworked the suspension. The cost of the rear was about a third of what a new shock would cost with the remote preload and a remote resevoir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts