StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to start bike and battery was dead after a week of not riding it. I'm charging it. Almost 2 years old. Think it's time for a new one. Anyone have any suggestions where to buy one at a good price, and which one? I've had good luck with Shorai lithium Iron batteries in the past, but it's like 200 bucks for the Strom. I only paid 160 for my Shorai for the ducati.

·
Premium Member
5,253 Posts
maybe something left on ?? you have a USB outlet ??

2 years too short

·
Premium Member
5,253 Posts
no switch on the USB or switch left on likely the drain.

·
Administrator
13,818 Posts
It's zoomed in so close so I can't be sure if it's the factory power outlet (and otherwise stock) but if so it is switched so no power drain when the bike is off.

..Tom

·
Registered
251 Posts
Before they came out with smart chargers I never got more than 2 years out of a bike battery. Sometimes only one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used to have a BMW, and when the stock battery died-- 2years old, on tender thru the winter-- like a moron, I ponied up for a genuine BMW replacement. Lasted a year, also maintained through the cold months. GRRRR... I measured the stocker's dimensions, went to the farm store and bought a replacement (lawn tractor battery) for $19.99. Since it was cheap, I figured I'd replace it the following spring, and didn't fool with a tender, never topped off the water, just rode it. Lasted 5 years... next one was still working when I gifted the bike away, at least another 5 years... Anyone know a compatible Tractor Supply lawn tractor battery for the Strom?!

On a related note, how hard is it to rig up a 2012+ wee strom to push start it? My old R80 was a piece of cake.

Cheers
Jim B.
Grove City, OH!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Down here in OZ we ride all year round, my 14 V2 and my 09 Wee are both on their original batteries with no tender required.

Reactions: Bugzy

·
Administrator
13,818 Posts
My voltage reads 11.7v with motor off, and ignition on. Reads 13.4 with bike running. Does this seem about right?
It sounds similar to mine although the 13.4v would appear to be the case when there is no real load on it and it is running with a bit of rpm. High beams and/or heated gear cause a noticeable drop.

..Tom

1 - 20 of 24 Posts