StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I hit tellico gap. nothing this weekend. I should bundle up for a short ride at least while it is sunny. The upcoming highs for this week look like they will be in the 50s and even 60s on wednesday.

What about everyone else?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I might be riding/camping at Joyce Kilmer National Forest just outside Robbinsville, NC this weekend (depending on the forecast for rain). I'll be on a black DL1000 with Givis and a wife on the back.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like rain, hopefully they will get the prediction wrong in our favor.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Rode 30 miles to work, will probably ride 50 home.

I'm been depressed all winter cause I can't ride. This morning, coming in, I felt all of that depression fade away...

Happy days are here again.

:cool:

Tige

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Tige you pussy, you didn't ride on monday?!?!?

I'm at about 350 for the week so far.

Damn sissies.

-GW
When I walked out of the house Monday morning, motorcycle boots on and all, it was snowing. Rule #1 - if its snowing, I don't ride.

You're the nutjob - trying to get yourself killed before the big trip this season. Don't you know it is the other idiot drivers in bad weather that will kill you on a motorcycle?

Tige

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Chicago Land at fair weather

Finally today was the day I got to ride since Jan 7th. Up early, did my work. Changed oil and oil filter, didn't check air in tires or lube chain, I just could wait. I was out for several hours. Came across another rider on an SV1000S. What a cool bike. Great time finally. Now I don't have to rave on the board any more, unless it coupes me up for weeks again.

+1 on the other drivers in bad weather running you down.

·
Registered
108 Posts
100+ Mile Ride Today

Parsons Branch road opened up today. Fortunately, the Cade's Cove traffic was not that bad. The weather was in the mid/high 60s, the sun was shining, and I was smiling. I had lunch at Deals Gap, took it easy back on 129 due to a lot of salt on the road, hit the Foothills Parkway at a pretty good click, then pulled up to the house just in time for dinner! What a day.
Here are some pics from Parsons Branch:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/KeptMan1982/ParsonsBranchMarch20081.jpg
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/KeptMan1982/ParsonsBranchMarch20082.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
I rode in to work this morning and plan on doing it again tomorrow. It was a bit cool this morning when I left the house (about 34 degrees) but with the Gerbings cranked up it wasn't bad at all. The ride home this afternoon was really nice, about 67 degrees. I just hated that I forgot to get my sunglasses out of the truck this morning.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Rode 150 Saturday
180 on Sunday
To work Mon, Tue, and Wed 20 miles each day
Should of gone out instead of work today almost 80 degrees here in Vegas today.
Suppose to drop to the 50's this weekend
Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've put around 100miles on the wee this week going back and forth to work. This morning was just too darn cold, though. (34deg)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any approved campsites along parson's branch road?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
When I walked out of the house Monday morning, motorcycle boots on and all, it was snowing. Rule #1 - if its snowing, I don't ride.

You're the nutjob - trying to get yourself killed before the big trip this season. Don't you know it is the other idiot drivers in bad weather that will kill you on a motorcycle?

Tige
Hey, it wasn't snowing here on Monday you damn north living mofo. It was cold enough to require the balacava but not any heated gear. Hell, i was wearing a t-shirt under the firstgear. The ride home was awesome but didn't have anything on the ride home tonight!!! 51F so I took the LOOOOOONG way home. 480 miles for the week.

-GW

·
Registered
108 Posts
any approved campsites along parson's branch road?
I do not know of any campsites right on the road; at least I didn't see any. There is a trailhead about 3-4 miles in that has backcountry campsites available, but that's all I know (I am a Parson's Branch novice). If backcountry camping, I do know you are required to obtain a permit.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like I know where I am going to ride saturday!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Smoky Mountains Road Website

Sounds like I know where I am going to ride saturday!
Here's the park's website to check for temporary closures. I always check it before heading out because last fall I waited in Cade's Cove traffic for over an hour to get all the way to Parson's Branch and find out it closed 2 days prior. Have fun, and if we do get rain, the creeks should be flowing pretty well over the bridges (another reason I would check the temporary closed website).

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/temproadclose.htm

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ride on!

I haven't been off the bike more than two day in a row since I bought. I've put 4500 miles on the bike since December. The riding weather and roads are great here in upstate SC.
I grew up in Jersey (31 years)moved to Florida(15 years) and settled in South Carolina.
I wish Ya'll could visit the upstate and see how good riding here is. Did I type Ya'll? I reckon I've been assimilated. Now I typed reckon Dad-gum-it. I mean Doh!:shock:
Jersey Pete please don't revoke my Jersey Boy card as I must visit on occasion.
Ride safe, ride on! Mike D.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've averaged about 100+ miles a day just messing around for the last 13 days on my '06 DL1000 and did about 30 miles on my '00 KLR650. Tomorrow , back offshore for 14 days so zero mileage for the next two weeks. But, when I get back home, look out. :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts