StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the metallic orange on the '12s. I looked hard, wasn't able to find a leftover or reasonably priced used one in my area; ended up with a white '13 instead. I don't dislike the white...but really would like the orange! I'm curious what a set of the '12 panels would run. Anyone checked? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Personally I like white :mrgreen: ... but you might just stop at a local body shop and see what they'd charge. I'm guessing much less than new panels. Heck, some I've read that some members here are even painting the panels themselves. And of course there's the option to vinyl wrap it... or even the vinyl polkadots that one of the members has on his white 650. :yikes:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Personally I like white :mrgreen: ... but you might just stop at a local body shop and see what they'd charge. I'm guessing much less than new panels. Heck, some I've read that some members here are even painting the panels themselves. And of course there's the option to vinyl wrap it... or even the vinyl polkadots that one of the members has on his white 650. :yikes:
I'm "sorta" thinking about repainting them. But if I were to do so, I'm not sure if I'd go with the 2012 metallic orange, or a "desert tan" similar to what's available on the '14 V, I like that with the black. Oh well, I do like the white...it's just that it looks like a cop bike! I'd probably repaint them myself, have the compressor and gun...just need the nerve! Might look for a used set on flea-bay.

Love your saddlebags. I got my Seahorse cases last night, have to figure out how I want to mount them.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Maybe a panel swap with someone who has orange and always wanted the white?

I've considered it, but I'm torn between the two colors and I do get some nice compliments on the orange.

I plan to wrap it with the 3M vinyl when I get bored and want a change...

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
... Oh well, I do like the white...it's just that it looks like a cop bike!
Ya, I've gotten more than one double take (and seen them slow down) in traffic before - I'm sure with my LEDs I run during the day and my hi-viz vest I usually wear in traffic, I probably do look like some European moto cop. I actually think this is an added bonus in traffic.

Love your saddlebags. I got my Seahorse cases last night, have to figure out how I want to mount them.

Thanks. The bags are Duratool (knockoff brand), but are extremely sturdy and fit my purpose at about $35 each. I mounted them with a set of Happy Trail pucks that I found on fleabay for cheap.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just took mine in to have them wrapped in a red metallic - $150.00, I pick them up tomorrow and I will have pics soon. I got tired of all black!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Where did you take them? I've tried the wrapping thing and just can't get rid of the wrinkles.

I'd prefer a Ducati blood red.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just took mine in to have them wrapped in a red metallic - $150.00, I pick them up tomorrow and I will have pics soon. I got tired of all black!

That's an awesome idea. Those places that do vehicle advertising wraps probably have the tools and experience to do it really well with out my painful learning curve.

I figured the wrap alone would be about $100, so $150 done by a pro would be a bargain. I'll have to stop and talk to a local shop that does that and see what they'd charge.

Thanks for the idea...:hurray:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I put them on tonight and I'm not sure if I like it! It's different so it might grow on me. It was dark so pic tomorrow if it's dry out!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have got an orange bike and I would like white...
I've been thinking about a second set of bodywork because I like the elevated level of conspicuity the white has.

I might be tempted to trade if the right deal am along, but I think I would rather do it local.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sharp. I always like red...

How was the fit and finish, especially on those pointy side covers? That's where the DIY'ers have had some issues.

I noticed you replaced the "S" logos, were they new or re-used?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts