StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if you have sampled both and found the older one was just better at something? For me, the looks of the old one are Superior, but the 2017 looks neat too. I like what I read about the redesigned one's features.

Thanks. Bob,

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
I spend most of my time under 5k rpms. There's a dip in torque on the new engine around 4k I believe. Has a bit more power up top though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I can not speak for the 12-16 models. I went from an '05 to a '17 and WOW! what a difference! Its a different bike. Feels lighter, handles better, power is better everywhere. I like the new cams, the spacing of the transmission ratios, etc., etc., and so on. I liked the '17 so much I finally sold my Triumph Tiger 1050 as I just wan't ridding it any more. The DL 650 is better suited for the back road ridding I do here in Kentucky. No need for a bigger, heavier, or more powerful bike here where I live.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have 2012 Glee but test rode the '17 for about an hour. Power of the '17 is just a little better especially just off idle - I think it is the electronic throttle assist doing this but it feels strong with no flat spots anywhere. That said difference from Glee to '17 is much less than the difference from Wee to Glee. Wind protection standard is not as good as my Givi Airflow but better than standard Glee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts