StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine was sideswiped and here's what I need to fix my 2003 DL1000.
The entire front fairing assembly /inner fairing plastic/ mounting bracket, Could use the headlight assembly and gauges if I can afford them and will take 2004 and up later parts but NEED it all to make it bolt on.
Left hand fairing panel, the large one that says "Vstrom" on it and related bolts/hardware to attach it.
The left and right hand black louvered vents/bumpers that attach to the lower part of each side fairing and related bolts/hardware/
The left and right black plastic panels below the fuel tank your knees usually rest against.
Shift lever.
Left hand side frame panel that goes below the seat any color, prefer black.
Rear turn signals,4 of them.
Left hand handlebar cover/shroud /
Gas tank,don't need the internal parts if you need them.
Gas tank rear bolt/bracket/hardware
Tool kit securing strap.
Owners manual. ANY aftermarket mufflers.
Left hand rear passenger peg/frame mounting bracket.
Thanks for Looking !

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have some of the fairing parts you need. Left panel, and both black vents. Should have most of the bolts as well. I will look tonight and pm you.

Cheers-

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I thought I saw one on eBay a couple of days ago. The search term was vstrom. Tons of stuff, but I didn't really pay attention.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
I thought I saw one on eBay a couple of days ago. The search term was vstrom. Tons of stuff, but I didn't really pay attention.
I visit Ebay everyday just lurking at the parts (mainly farkles). There's some salvage yard (savage-yard??) out of Anne Arbor or something like that.......parting out every little piece off a Vstrom. What kills me are some of the prices........and what's a real joke are the shipping quotes. He had 6 frame bolts for $10........OK, not too bad..........but shipping was also $10......for (6) M10 bolts!!! What might bring big $$$ on one bike, don't always work on the vstrom. I could not GIVE AWAY a swingarm a few years ago. Some things are just not in demand.......never will be on the vstrom. Cosmetics = yes, mechanicals = no so..........they just don't break or wear out like some other bikes.......which is a good thing!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I'll PM you about parts from my 2007 that I have. Rear tank mount, left "under seat panel", Right black "boomerang", left rear peg, the black panel covers the whole underside of the front fairing ( it's below the headlight), and a speedometer/tach.
Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vdawgee Parts !

Thanks All, And Yes the two folks with parts PLEASE contact me !

...and Yes again, I've seen some pretty $illy prices OUT THERE and it's usually junk I've been finding. One guy wanted to sell me a front fairing with a fist size roadrash hole in it for a ridiculous price,telling me it can be FIXED ! :headbang:
Ah yes... the world is in $urvival Mode !:biggrinjester:

Someone's been pissin' in the GENE pool ! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS ALL! Gettting close to completing my pile of parts,Still need a few more !

Especially Josh and Dave:hurray:

Nice packing job,nice parts,nice folks:thumbup:

Can still use: The left rear passenger peg bracket,REAR turn signals,fuel tank,shift lever,radiator,right hand starter/kill switch assembly,lower inner fairing cover,swingarm frame covers/plugs,taller optional Suzuki windshield and heated grips for a 2003 DL1000 application.

Thanks For Looking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts