StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Here's a tip,

When you order from the USA, always try to ship via the USPS (Postal Service). That way, you always pay only $5 duty for items under $1000 value. Couriers use brokerage firms that will charge you much more money.

V.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Adv Motostuff

The staff there at adventure motostuff will treat you right. I buy from them and they are great. They are always willing to chat and answer questions. I endorse this message.

Steve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amotostuff

I just ordered a set of Leo Vince SBK slip ons.
Crossed fingers on delivery.

They are sending them US parcel post.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Here's a tip,

When you order from the USA, always try to ship via the USPS (Postal Service). That way, you always pay only $5 duty for items under $1000 value. Couriers use brokerage firms that will charge you much more money.

V.
The $5 is actually a handling charge by Canada Post. In most provinces, Canada Post will also collect GST and/or PST. Ebay has notes at http://reviews.ebay.com/Canada-amp-USA-Import-Export-Shipping-Guide_W0QQugidZ10000000000067340 Numerous times I've only been charged the $5, other times the GST/PST, and rarely duty charges. If Customs doesn't think the item matches the declaration, they seem to make up a high number and then you have to pay GST/PST on that amount. I'm never really certain what it is going to cost me until I actually pick it up....

·
Registered
4 Posts
http://www.amotostuff.com/

They have some things I am intereseted in.

Any Canadians ordered from them?
If so, how did they ship to you?
US Mail or Purolator?
How did duty charges work out?
I've ordered over $600.00 worth of stuff and find them excellant to deal with.
Sign up for membership on this forum as they get a discount and also good reading. You can get a US Address at the post office on Witmer Road, Niagara Falls, NY - 10 minutes from the Lewiston Bridge. You can have parcels shipped there for a cost of $5.00 US per parcel pickup. You could put on parts there or declare and pay GST and PST at the border on your purchase. This saves Border Brokers fees and horendous shipping charges that we have to pay UPS for canadian shipping addresses. I opened up a TD US Dollar visa account and pay through this. If you have any questions -email me.
Cheers! Grinder

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've ordered over $600.00 worth of stuff and find them excellant to deal with.
Sign up for membership on this forum as they get a discount and also good reading. You can get a US Address at the post office on Witmer Road, Niagara Falls, NY - 10 minutes from the Lewiston Bridge. You can have parcels shipped there for a cost of $5.00 US per parcel pickup. You could put on parts there or declare and pay GST and PST at the border on your purchase. This saves Border Brokers fees and horendous shipping charges that we have to pay UPS for canadian shipping addresses. I opened up a TD US Dollar visa account and pay through this. If you have any questions -email me.
Cheers! Grinder
This is the link for the Forum with the discount

http://forums.delphiforums.com/vstrom/messages?msg=703.1

Thought I missed something!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amotostuff

This is the link for the Forum with the discount

http://forums.delphiforums.com/vstrom/messages?msg=703.1

Thought I missed something!
Well Grinder,
Thanks for the info. but I already ordered fromthem
It is being sent US parcel post via ground.

I hope it comes okay.

I live far enough away from a US border that it would be silly to drive that far unless customs REALLY HOSES me.

Fingers are crossed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Amotostuff Canadian deliveries

Rain Rider, I have heard from some time from a local BMW/KTM rider that the US Postal Service is the best as well. Could you post when you receive your shipment? Curious about the time.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Ordered aprox $450.00 in accessories from them just today for my 07 Strom when it arrives. Shipping was reasonable compared to the total rip off from Twisted Throttle. I still want the stuff but might have it shipped to my friend in AZ and have her bring it back when she returns to AB in April :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Thnx Heavy :-D LQQking forward to having the ABS version. Maybe I'll keep this bike more than 3 seasons. Entering my 7th season and have owned 6 bikes (including the new one).

Life is great out West :p Found a good job printing Beer & pop cans making decent money. It's shift work (heading in tonight for my first of 4) 12 hr shifts where you rotate. The best thing about the job (besides the cash) is I'll have half a year off (if I don't work OT) Work 4 get 4 off is pretty sweet and while it's a different side of the trade than what I was involved in before, I do like the work.

I sold the bike (without even advertising) it to the HR person at my work. Managed to get half of what I paid for it new, which isn't bad considering it's on 05 with 44,000km/26,500 mi on the odo.

Hey NW, congrats on the 2007!

Life must be good in the West!

Did you sell your old Wee?

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Glad to hear things are working out for you. I've heard there are some serious housing shortages, how'd you manage?

I wish the ABS was available for the V. I think that's about the only way I'd switch bikes at this point.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Yes there are some shortages and currently I'm renting a room. Hope to be able to find a place for April 1st so I have a place of my own for friends to stay when they visit.

I've heard a rumour that the 08 Grand Strom will come equipped with ABS. Don't know how accurate that rumour is, but ya never know. I liked the 05 and the only reason I'm moving to the 07 is the ABS brakes, as there is plenty of life left in the 05 with only 26,500 mi. on the odo. Depending upon where I find to live, I'm seriously thinking of picking up a 94 500gs from Suzuki as a second bike. :p Of course down the road I can see another 1400 Intruder parked in my garage as I want to customize it as a "poseur" machine :p

Glad to hear things are working out for you. I've heard there are some serious housing shortages, how'd you manage?

I wish the ABS was available for the V. I think that's about the only way I'd switch bikes at this point.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Leo Vince Pipes Rec'd

Rain Rider, I have heard from some time from a local BMW/KTM rider that the US Postal Service is the best as well. Could you post when you receive your shipment? Curious about the time.
Ordered Leo Vince slip ons for DL1000.
Sent from Amotostuff on Feb. 7, 2007.
Received here in Ont. Canada on March 2, 2007.
3 weeks delivery

Price including shipping and exchange came to $ 585.00 in Canadian funds.
I had to pay an additional $ 63.31 to the government when picked up at the post office. ( PST 33.32 / GST 24.99 / Handling fee 5.00 )

Total rub $ 648.31

I plan to polish the header pipes, fittings, end caps and possibly the aluminum cans, however, the cans are brushed aluminum and would require a lot of work to get them smooth.

Has anyone out there polished a set of Leo Vince mufflers?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered from them over two weeks ago, going to call them today to track my order. Asked them to ship it through the postal service....They seem great to deal with on the phone. I'll post an up date soon.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I ordered aprox $500.00 us worth of stuff & it has arrived at my friends where I had it shipped :mrgreen:

I ordered from them over two weeks ago, going to call them today to track my order. Asked them to ship it through the postal service....They seem great to deal with on the phone. I'll post an up date soon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts