StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I realize the Wee does better than the Vee on MPG's but I was curious if any aftermarket companies out there make a higher capacity fuel tank out there for the Wee? I think it would be sweet to go 300+ miles before searching for fuel. That was one of the things I loved about my GSA. I saw on a DL1000 thread about a guy that just broke the 200k mark on his Vee that he had a larger capacity fuel tank on his but looks like it might have been a one off tank. Anyone making the bigger tanks for the Wee's?

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've never seen a custom fuel tank with increased capacity mentioned. However, there are auxillary tanks available that can be adapted to your bike. Find someone in your area with a Vee/Wee who competes in Iron Butt rides. They can carry up to 11 gallons on their bikes.

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Yes, there are aftermarket fuel tanks for the Wee (or any bike); they cost about 10$ and you can buy them at any automotive store.
Just strap a jerrycan to your luggage. I used to do that, and I've only had to use it once since I've been riding, so I stopped.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Maybe this comes with a Strom adaptor kit:

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
How's this?
One of the fellers on the ZRX Forum performed a similar "skin graft"......we called it "The Mohawk Tank" since it was a "ridge" running down the center of the tank. He said is was ALOT of blood, sweat, and tears, and would NEVER do it again. But, his did look factory after the paint job.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Maybe this comes with a Strom adaptor kit:
:jawdrop: Wow, I bet he could go half way around the world with that rig.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Just buy a 2012 DL 650 ;).

I think I'm close to outranging a GSA now, almost certainly would if we were on dirt roads.

Pete

·
Registered
32 Posts
I realize the Wee does better than the Vee on MPG's but I was curious if any aftermarket companies out there make a higher capacity fuel tank out there for the Wee? I think it would be sweet to go 300+ miles before searching for fuel. That was one of the things I loved about my GSA. I saw on a DL1000 thread about a guy that just broke the 200k mark on his Vee that he had a larger capacity fuel tank on his but looks like it might have been a one off tank. Anyone making the bigger tanks for the Wee's?
Ok, I know this may be hard to swallow, cause most Yall folks dont know me from Adams house cat. Bit, the guys name is Kyth, and I built his " Frankintank ". It took a bit of sheet metal work, bit it raised the top 2" and blended it in. He gained 2.7 gals. And this guy rides like the wind. He had to get a new odometer from Suzuki and the bike is still going today.
I got build pics somewhere to back the claim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts