StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday May 1st I am scheduled to meet follow a fellow Stromtrooper in St. Louis and buy his DL1000. Riding Amtrak on the way down from Milwaukee, ride Suzuki home. We are meeting at the depot. He is trailering the bike from Tupelo, this is half way. Easy enough. The train gets in at 3pm. Figure one hour to link up, do the paperwork, count the cash. Four O'clock. The St. Louis Cards play a home game vs the Reds at 12:10 and Busch Stadium is not far at all from the Amtrak depot. Figure 3 hours for the game. So, questions are, traffic nightmare or headache? Would it be wiser to meet at he depot but leave the bike on the trailer and drive a little way into Illinois? And where in IL would be a good spot to unload and split up? My route from downtown St. Louis is I-64 to I-55 then burn North.
Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would jump across river into IL. before you start your ride back. The people who drive down town are some of the worst drivers known to man.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
St Louis drivers?

I would jump across river into IL. before you start your ride back. The people who drive down town are some of the worst drivers known to man.
Hilarious. Point taken. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On Saturday May 1st I am scheduled to meet follow a fellow Stromtrooper in St. Louis and buy his DL1000. Riding Amtrak on the way down from Milwaukee, ride Suzuki home. We are meeting at the depot. He is trailering the bike from Tupelo, this is half way. Easy enough. The train gets in at 3pm. Figure one hour to link up, do the paperwork, count the cash. Four O'clock. The St. Louis Cards play a home game vs the Reds at 12:10 and Busch Stadium is not far at all from the Amtrak depot. Figure 3 hours for the game. So, questions are, traffic nightmare or headache? Would it be wiser to meet at he depot but leave the bike on the trailer and drive a little way into Illinois? And where in IL would be a good spot to unload and split up? My route from downtown St. Louis is I-64 to I-55 then burn North.
Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Email sent to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd get out to the first Collinsville exit. Only about 15 miles out but you do not want to be doing it any closer to St. Louis. Think "Family Vacation".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts