StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Scott oiler seems complicated and expensive.
Loobman seems low tech but effective.
Oiling a chain without a center stand sucks.
There should be a law. Every bike should have a center stand.

D

·
0 Posts
Break down and buy a centerstand. :) I agree, every bike should have one; not only for ease of chain maintenance, but to also give the suspensiona break (thank you Twisted Throttle). I ordered the Loobman but sent it back. It is low-tech and possibly effective, but cheaply made and the instructions looked like it was written and drawn by a 13 year old. It's not a big deal to clean the chain once a week and spray lube every 300 miles or so IMHO. :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Installed Hawkoiler....

A fantastic product. I enjoy pushing the button a couple of times and not having to worry about the oiling issue. I am running 80wt gear oil to lessen the oil flow when sitting. I get about two drops when the bike is sitting.

SSMV650

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll probably get a center stand. The side stand is a menace. It should be angled more forward. I can see dropping this thing very easily if you don't kick the stand forward before you lean the bike on it. Someone recommended taking the stand off and grinding off a very small amount of metal to make it angle more forward. For the moment I’m leaving it in gear when I’m on anything but perfectly level ground. Now the next question is whose center stand?

P

·
0 Posts
I've had the Suzuki centerstand on my DL1000 since day one. I like it. It is very easy to get the bike on & off of the centerstand, and it is very stable. I have had no issues with touching it down while cornering, but I probably don't corner as aggressively as some rider's and I rarely ride with a passenger.

I've heard that the MoTech stand (I think that's the other one) has more cornering clearance, but is not quite as stable with the bike up on it. I haven't heard of anyone having any serious problems with it though.

I don't know what the cost trade-off is.

F

·
0 Posts
Loobman

I've installed the applicator for the Loobman, but trying to find a good mounting point for the bottle is tough. Any suggestions? Somewhere on the left side so I can access it with my left hand while riding would be cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts