StromTrooper banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ultimate solution would be a piece of metal that bends around the givi bar, and attaches with a single bolt below it. Then there are no height restriction issues, and less chance of anything jamming into the engine header when you hit a big rock.
Thats very similar to the final solution. Photos soon.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is pretty much what the solution looks like. The upper hole will be elimated and a C shaped clamp will be used a the top. Heavier metal(1/8" in photo- 3/16"in final)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That looks better, now there is flat steel contacting the head, instead of a straight edge.
The clearance problem should be addressed in the final version. When it arrives I'll post up again.

PS Even though it looks like its touching , its not. Less than a 1/16", but not hitting. Final one hopefully will have an 1/8"
If Givi had given it a 1/4" more out and down we wouldn't be here. Such is life.

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
After giving Tim(At Happy Trails) my final results, they went to work on the new kit for Givi bars. Received it Friday and installed it Saturday. The upper hole was eliminated and a slightly smaller C type clamp was used(Fits the 1" tubing size better). Their holes are slotted for some adjustment. I'm quite satisfied with the results and glad I follow through with them to solve this.
So Givi bar owners fear no more.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts