StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see how Handlebar Risers feel. If you are somewhere in the Greater Toronto Area I would love to try them, especially if you have up and back risers.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'd like to see how Handlebar Risers feel. If you are somewhere in the Greater Toronto Area I would love to try them, especially if you have up and back risers.

Thanks,

Tom
I just added Rox risers (up'n back). If I manage the 19th and you're there, you're more than welcome...

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Tom, I have a pair of the GenMar 1" risers. Up only, no back. I'm not using them right now. You can try them out if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hi Heavy,

Let me know when you will be around.. I'll head right up!

..Tom
It'll have to wait until next weekend, when I'm back. I'll try and have the set-back pieces for your topcase at the same time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
No bar risers here.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i've got the up and back risers and i'll be at haugen's tonight between 6 and 8pm.
mike

·
Administrator
13,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
savvy: Thanks, I won't be able to get there tonight unless it is real late.

It doesn't matter, though, I gave in to the farkle Gods and ordered a set.

..Tom

i've got the up and back risers and i'll be at haugen's tonight between 6 and 8pm.
mike

·
Registered
139 Posts
So have the new risers proved to be a benefit Tom? Have they made a difference in comfort for your back or wrists? I'm wondering if I should try risers on my bike because I get a nagging back ache across the middle of my back about in line with the bottom of my shoulder blades. I also wonder if a driver's backrest would eliminate this issue.

savvy: Thanks, I won't be able to get there tonight unless it is real late.

It doesn't matter, though, I gave in to the farkle Gods and ordered a set.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't received them yet but ordered them. They should be coming sometime next week to my work; although I am on vacation so I may not get them till the week after.

I'll keep you posted.

..Tom

So have the new risers proved to be a benefit Tom? Have they made a difference in comfort for your back or wrists? I'm wondering if I should try risers on my bike because I get a nagging back ache across the middle of my back about in line with the bottom of my shoulder blades. I also wonder if a driver's backrest would eliminate this issue.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I friend of mine has a Volusia and he had similar complaints. He put extended risers on his and added a backrest. He is still looking for a narrower set of handlebars but he says it is better than stock.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I friend of mine has a Volusia and he had similar complaints. He put extended risers on his and added a backrest. He is still looking for a narrower set of handlebars but he says it is better than stock.
Thanks for the input Heavy. A friend of mine has a backrest on his Volusia so I may try swapping bikes with him for a day and see if it works. I also thought about narrower handlebars similar to the ones on the M50 (Marauder). Maybe I'll take a look at that next time I'm at Newmarket Suzuki.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts