StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A work bonus came through, and I'm now officially in the market to purchase a V-Strom 650.

There's one in the UP that ticks all the right boxes for me. But I'm about 7 hours away, so a quick trip to eyeball the bike probably isn't likely.

Is there anyone in the UP, specifically up near Copper Harbor, that would be interested in checking out the Wee for me?

I did this the last time I purchased a bike long-distance, and it worked well. If interested, please PM me.

Or, if anyone has other ideas or suggestions about how to best evaluate a bike that's several hours away, feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2012 in Fox Orange. Came set up with:
- Givi adjustable windscreen
- Handguards
- Russell Daylong seat
- Lower cowling
- Center stand
- Givi rack and 26L side bags
- Givi V46 top box
- OEM engine guards
- Lighting kit for the top box (uninstalled)
- Headlight relay mod

Basically, all my gotta-haves plus a few niceta-haves. And, since the seller and spouse were getting out of riding completely, they tossed in literally 2 boxes of goodies -- chain lube, bottles of Rotella, battery tender, Haynes repair manual, touch-up paint, etc.

Stator recall not done, but I have the letter.

Additionally, the seller was an engineer who kept meticulous service records.

Price was $5200, several hundred less than the UP bike, and I didn't have to drive 7 hours to get it.

I'll try posting a photo, but I've been having some problems with that lately. Here goes:

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
Great bike and setup! I call mine Blazing Saddles!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts