StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if there is a cross link here.

I'm also on the Delicaclub forum.

Anyone here own a Mitsubishi Delica [or the earlier L300] 4WD?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Ocker,

No Delicia, but i have been building this for the past 5 years...

Sometimes i think i should just buy a vehicle and leave it standard:yesnod:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I own a Pajero that has the 4m40 tdi motor in it. I have lots of parts for future reference that fits your model , turbos, pumps e.t.c.
Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve,
I was working in a Leyland dealership in Melbourne when the Range Rovers originally came out, first 100mph four wheel drive built.

Mike,
My Deli is the V6 petrol version (L400 series 2).
The Delica is a very capable and well option 4WD.

I will post a pic later.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Never understood why mitsubishi never broought in the Delica in as an Aussie spec. Brillaint concept.

A few years ago I was going to buy one and turn into a poptop camper van.
Would make a brilliant cross country tourer. (bit Like a Vstrom)

Still might do it one day. Was always a bit wary of the whole grey import thing....dont know why.
What sort of money are they selling for now?

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Is yours a turbodiesel, Steve? I've always like the concept of a 4WD van and nearly bought an L300 years ago.

Hi Ocker,

No Delicia, but i have been building this for the past 5 years...

Sometimes i think i should just buy a vehicle and leave it standard:yesnod:
Re you on the AULRO forum? I'm p38arover on there, too - because I drive this:

I also owned these: Ron's Land Rover Page I just realised my Disco 1 isn't on that page.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never understood why mitsubishi never broought in the Delica in as an Aussie spec. Brillaint concept.

A few years ago I was going to buy one and turn into a poptop camper van.
Would make a brilliant cross country tourer. (bit Like a Vstrom)

Still might do it one day. Was always a bit wary of the whole grey import thing....dont know why.
What sort of money are they selling for now?

Prices vary depending on year/model/options/fuel type.
$5k to $20+k
The L300 was imported in to Aus. new as a 4WD [and there are some with camper conversions available for sale].

The L400 models where not imported new :confused::confused:
No problems as grey imports, plenty of parts and knowledge available [most of the parts are off Pajero and Triton models and much of the body work is swappable off the Starwagon 2WD].

Over 10,000 members in the forum/club [over 8,000 of them here in Oz.].
Plenty of new parts available here through local forum member if you can't source Mitsubishi equivalent here.

Is yours a turbodiesel, Steve? I've always like the concept of a 4WD van and nearly bought an L300 years ago.

I also owned these: Ron's Land Rover Page I just realised my Disco 1 isn't on that page.
Ron, mine is the V6 petrol auto.
I will bring it over and take you for a run in it or you can come over one day and we will go for a spin.
Mine has ABS/airbags and lots of other upmarket stuff like climate control front and rear, electric sunroof, crystal light roof [open the shades and look up at the stars when sleeping in the back :thumbup:

Seven seater, but there is an eight seater available and they come in long and short wheel base.

Heaps of aftermarket stuff like bash plates, lift kits, bullbars, towbars, all sorts of goodies [more than I will ever get], diff lockers, bigger wheels and tyres, and..........more.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nice looking Bus Ocker.
Good to see you use it as it was intended as well.

Mitsubishi are nuts not to bring them in. They would sell heaps I reckon.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hey Steve, some years ago when I used to own a surf, I tried to get my mother to buy one, she's maybe just 5ft so she did look like she was driving a bus.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Hi P38,

Mine is a 3.9, i have removed the fuel injection and am running a gas research dedicated LPG carby.

I was a member of Outerlimits4x4, no other 4x4 forums.

I like your RR, they really are a great vehicle :yesnod:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice pics Ock,

How do you find 4x4ing a forward control vehicle? Most people don't like the view from up front when the going gets tough, it can look very scary :yikes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts