StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, you are a lame poser according to Yankee Beemers' William Harris in his column "Duly Noted."

I work in Andover, MA - about a 30 mile ride to work each day. My office building is located in an office park with maybe several thousand workers in the entire complex*. Of that large body of folks about a dozen bikers are semi-regular commuters during the spring and summer - that is when it is not raining! As I am sure you remember most of the month of May started out with two weeks of rain in an unbroken string. I could either ride to work in the rain or jump into the cage for the commute. ....

The only other ATGATT rider is a V-Strom rider - but this guy never rides in the rain."
You should be able to tell who he is because he has a BMW and a license plate that says "Pompous.":green_lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
That is exactly why i bought a V-strom not a BMW.

He sounds like a real turd.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bueller?...

·
Registered
333 Posts
What a D-bag.
I commute nearly daily to Cambridge (28 miles each way). However, I do take the car on the days when its raining when I leave the house. My idea of fun is not standing around at work for 12 hours in damp clothes. WTF, I pay for a car, I might as well use the thing when I want to.
Evidently, he's much better than me.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I ride THROUGH Andover, does that get me anything? :thumbup:

Although definitely not me anyway as I just v-strom'ed up. I also probably wouldn't qualify as ATGATT... although I'm getting better these days.

That said, I don't commute in the rain either. Two worries: I haven't got the gear and I don't trust the cages. Usetah have an itty bitty little sportscar. Handled okay in the snow, especially if you mounted up snow tires. But the thing about snows and rain gear is that it doesn't do a darn thing for the driving skills of my fellow motorists.

On dry pavement I'm merely worried that one of these jokers is gonna try to kill me.
On anything else I'm downright convinced of it.

·
Registered
969 Posts
What a D-bag.
I commute nearly daily to Cambridge (28 miles each way). However, I do take the car on the days when its raining when I leave the house. My idea of fun is not standing around at work for 12 hours in damp clothes. WTF, I pay for a car, I might as well use the thing when I want to.
Evidently, he's much better than me.
Exactly. If it's raining, snow or ice when I leave the house I don't ride. Any other time I am on my bike year round regardless of temperature. I guess that still make me a poser as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts