StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of nelson rigg softbags knowing that they require racks for stability. I was going to get the givi racks but am not really liking the idea of drilling into the bike for carriers I'm not going to be using that often. SW motech is an option but their shape looks like it may be harder to lash things onto it given the sloping corners. I came across Hepco and Becker's offering which looks similar to givis in design and is a quick release with a no drill installation. I'm not finding anything in search for the racks and very little for the company in general. Does anyone have experience with these carriers or the company in general?

https://www.motomachines.com/Hepco-Becker-Side-Carrier--Suzuki-V-Strom-1000-ABS-from-2014_p_4749.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't have a side carrier yet but the HB is at the top of my list so I'll be interested in responses. I like that it has 1/4" turn quick release hardware. When I get side cases in probably going with Caribou Cases Commando bags kit which comes with HB side carriers. It might be worth calling Caribou Cases to see why the prefer HB over other offerings?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Blackrat,
I think that I have Hepco-Becker racks. I know, it's crazy that I don't know. I bought my K4 Vee used and it came with H/B Journey cases. They do have the "quarter-turn quick releases" and are easy to remove and replace. I haven't tried attatching soft bags to them. I hope that helps a little.

Jim

PS. Sorry, I just read that your question was for a V2.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have a side carrier yet but the HB is at the top of my list so I'll be interested in responses. I like that it has 1/4" turn quick release hardware. When I get side cases in probably going with Caribou Cases Commando bags kit which comes with HB side carriers. It might be worth calling Caribou Cases to see why the prefer HB over other offerings?
I did a bit more research and I believe the givis only require drilling in the plastic bits that the oem racks mount to, a replaceable piece. In that light, I ended up ordering them instead of the H&B racks given the price differential between the two and that I plan to only use them rarely. If I was going to be using them often I would have dropped the extra coin on the H&B racks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts