StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using my Givi side cases a lot less than expected. Top case alone does the trick most days.
So, I'm considering switching to Givi's rapid release mounts. I have the fixed mounts now.

Anyone have first hand experience with these? Comments?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I have them on my V2 so a little different but the same.

They work fine and I have had no trouble with them.

I only use them when touring with the bride and thought I would take them off at the end of each trip, that has never happened, they stay on 24/7 unless they need to come off when working on the bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just have got them 2 days ago.

They are not much convenient to mount and remove, and you need to be very careful when you mount/dismount them to not scratch the exhaust or move the exhaust metal tube attached to the frames.

I took some time to understand that the cross frame needs to be removed last, that is different to the other quick release side mounts from givi I had in the past.

I think that with some practice I will likely learn how to mount/dismount them more quickly...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Anyone have the Givi "Rapid Release" side case mounts? (PLR3112)

I have the Give quick release on my ‘16 650. Despite my original intentions, I’ve never removed the racks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think it's better to leave the racks on in case of a tip over they would protect the bike a bit. touch wood that will never happen.

I leave mine on! They’ve saved my bike from damage the 2 times I’ve dropped it, once in VERY rocky terrain.

Sent from my iPhone8

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got them purchased and mounted. The bike looks very clean with mounts off, and the mounts are very sturdy when on. I don't feel like my cases are any less secure with the quick-release version. Easy install too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Must be an personal aesthetics thing, I installed racks specifically to help provide some protection to my bike when I drop it. I mean I will use them from time to time...

I don't find the racks interfere with my personal aesthetics... My 2 cents.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes. Had them on a Triumph Tiger. Work just fine. Instructions are a bit off though, regarding the placement of the through bolt. It drops into a slot before securing the frame to the bike, not as depicted.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Now that I have the rapid release, my fixed Givi monokey mounts will be going up in the classified section soon (PL3112). Contact me if interested. Barely used and like new. Completed with all fasteners and mounting instructions.

Edit: Posted for sale *HERE*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts