StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my centerstand, purchased off a classified listing here.

Does anyone have an instruction sheet they could pdf me?

Thx in advance!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just received my centerstand, purchased off a classified listing here.

Does anyone have an instruction sheet they could pdf me?

Thx in advance!
For the DL1000 yes. Not sure if they are the same for the 650. PM me if you think they may help. I can fax them or scan and email tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
I have the DL650 instructions (four pages, labeled DL650K3, but doubt there have been any changes) in PDF format. Too large to upload here but can e-mail them if you are interested.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what might one pay for a centerstand off a list or eBay? What would the OEM stand cost from a dealer?

·
Premium Member
4,306 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what might one pay for a centerstand off a list or eBay? What would the OEM stand cost from a dealer?
Don't know about E-bay but dealer list price is about $220. I bought mine when I bought the Wee, as part of the deal. I think it was $200. I installed it myself so didn't worry about installation costs. Got the Wee that day, but had to wait about 3 months for the centerstand.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks. Not many cheap farkles out there, huh? But I am seriously considering a center stand.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased this one off the classified's here, for $125.. with a spring puller... so I"m happy.

PS I now have the centerstand instructions assembled as a single PDF... thanks Stalky Tracker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
crowbar to pull Suzuki centerstand springs

BTW

My centerstand went on easily, but no spring-puller or spring-spreader that I could find would handle the double spring of the Suzuki centerstand (one spring is inside the other). So, I used an S-hook from a bungi cord, and a crowbar set on the center stand itself. It takes a big pull but does do the job.

Dan

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone every needs the instructions, just give me a holler.

By the way, my centerstand's rubber bumper doesn't seem to mate with the bracket in the exhaust... any thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
bootlace puller

Try using a friend's sturdy bootlace to pull the dual spring on to the boss. You can make a handle out of a wrench or piece of wood. This works well- it is flexible and long enough to get some leverage. You can really get your back into it. Extend your leg and put your foot on the bike to get some opposite force while pulling.

Think about what your hand will intersect if the lace breaks; could cause profuse cursing in some cases.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Packa,

Just tie it off (the spring) to the rear wheel roll it a bit and wa la...you're in business!!! Its a piece of cake...it helps if you have a friend help you but it can be done by yourself too. I'm picking mine up tomorrow and putting it on by myself.

Hamilton,

I bought mine from the dealer when I bought my bike and paid $162.00 for it. He was SUPPOSED to be giving me a discount but I really don't know that actual price for it. It's beyond me why they even sell a bike without one included....how does Suzuki expect us to be able to do anything to the front end without one! I guess its all part and parcel with cost cutting strategies....sucks though if you ask me.....selling a 1000cc bike without a centerstand.....like I said, beyond me.

Jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
A holler

If anyone every needs the instructions, just give me a holler.
Do you still have the centerstand installation pdf handy, and could I trouble for them. I am missing something (either part wise or intelligence wise) for the part that stops it in the up position.:confused: Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts