StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my stock shifter with the Studebaker folding one and today while heading home from lunch a bolt sheared off. Luckily I wasn't far from home so got it home and installed the stock unit I was hording. On initial exam it looked like I could simply replace bolt (M6 I presume) and be on my way but it appears I'll need to replace the end piece that acts almost like a "heim" joint/rod end bearing. Oh yeah, lucky me the one that broke is the left hand thread one!! I think I tracked down the number for Studebaker Mfg in WA state and may try and give them a call Monday to see if they would sell me one but until then ideas for a replacement??
[/URL] [/CENTER][/IMG]

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I may have posted too soon. Looks like there might be a couple items at mcmaster-carr that might work. Rod end joints seems to be the search term (so far anyway).

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
It might have sheared from overtightening, so take it easy on them. And yeah I would hope Studebaker would just send you another bolt FOC. A place like Fastenal or NAPA might have what you are looking for if you have one in your city.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
Seems I had a failure of a similar part on my R65LS BMW. They had the parts separately back then.
You could get a piece of stock rod and thread new ends on it. An investment in a die but not fatal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts