StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, it's $30 too much for a tank pad, but it covers a lot of real estate and is Wee-specific. Anyone drop the coin for this?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyed around with the idea of getting a custom tank pad done. I'd want to incorporate a Tron (yeah, the movie) design into it somehow. I've attached a concept.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I have two small scratches on the tank near the seat. They happened on my second ride. Must have been from the zipper on my jacket.

I will be getting something to cover that area.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I picked up a "progrip" carbon fiber from the local Honda dealer for $20. worked great.
The area between where the tank pad ends and the seat starts is where my tank got scratched.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I've got some adhesive clear protective film from a different bike project in the garage somewhere, maybe I'll cut a piece for that location.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's another look at the concept, but different tank pad shape.

Nice to see some interest, but from what I've read, I need to make a minimum order of 50 units in order to get any sort of bulk discount.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Still looking for a better choice. I don't like the graphics on the OEM pad, nor do I like the $45 price (incl. shipping).

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
TechSpec has a pad for a BMW 800GS that works great, 4" wide at the bottom, 4 1/2" wide at the top, and 11" long, covers all the decals, and is removable for a lot less than Suzuki's. I got the snakeskin pattern, 1/8" thick. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
60 Posts
The OEM looks a bit short but along the same lines, I was looking at a tank anti slip protector found in the Aerostich catalog. They want 12.00 but it looks the same as items found in tool stores for keeping your tools from rolling around. My tank bag seems to move a bit back and forth more then it should and I was thinking this would be a good solution and also protect the tank.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
If anyone finds one without graphics or logos, please post your source. The plainer the better.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts