StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,095 Posts
Welcome aboard!

There has been a Strom Club run west of the Greater Toronto Area. I haven't seen a ton of activity lately but suspect you will hear from them. I think there are some Strommers in your area, or at least not too far from you.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, I'm new to the strom but very mechanically inclined as I've always worked on my own cars and bikes, along with everything else. If anyone would like to grab a beer or coffee shoot me a pm. I went for a ride today, despite it being 2 out, it was reasonably nice. I am planning on going on a few long rides, possibly to Gaspe/Newfoundland and then Alaska if anyone is interested. The eventual goal is to do an RTW by the end of 2018 season. Parents did it in the 70's.. can't see why I can't do it in more modern times on a more modern bike. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm just outside of London and have recently joined. But not sure what the summer holds for me, may have to give up riding. But will stay in touch via the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I'm just outside of London and have recently joined. But not sure what the summer holds for me, may have to give up riding. But will stay in touch via the forum.
Welcome to the forum, GaryC. Please let me correct you on one vital point. You have a V-Strom, so you do not need to mention giving up riding; riding is your primary function. People will know you have quit when they realize that you have not breathed for a few days, then they will say nice things about you and go out for a drink, but you won't get one.

For me, an ex-Londoner who loves the city and visits it occasionally, motorcycling is what keeps me breathing. And smiling, and stuff like that. Seriously, motorcycling is serious exercise and is very good for your musculature and skeleton; it encourages flexibility and of course sometimes helps one invent new cuss-words.

If you and I are lucky, really lucky, Juan Tanamera or Heavy or somebody will organize a ride, on ABOUT (hint to Sean & Jim or even Tom who reads everything) May 7 2017 at 9:00 AM, beginning at the Esso station at Essa Road in Barrie, and you can there meet lots of kindred spirits, and maybe visit Muskoka, a little early in the season, but what the heck. If we are REALLY lucky, I will show up and give everyone a fresh Florida orange. Long way, yes, but again what the heck.

Spring is just around the corner ... now, can I get CFPL from here in Florida,
and is Lloyd Wright still doing the morning show?

Cordially, Keith

P.S. a few minutes later ... it seems Lloyd is not on the air. But he is remembered:
http://www.lfpress.com/comment/columnists/bill_brady/2011/04/21/18051251.html

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
You can take the boy out of London, but ...

Honest, I CAN get broadcasts from London Ontario, on my television set, right here in Florida.
I am watching London's CTV station, and I learn that Shift Happens ... at least, a faction wants it.
I also saw a photo of a dead mouse on a commercial by LondonBasements.ca ... ugh.
And Bath Fitter urges you to visit the showroom at 150 Exeter Road.
You'll get spring today and Tuesday, 10º and rain, followed by 1º on Wednesday.
And sure enough London TV covers conch-shell-blowing in Key West Florida.

I need a transfusion of London info to keep me sane, here in Florida.
Keith

·
Registered
92 Posts
No, but I went to kindergarten there fifty years ago. Just looked up the old house on googlemaps. What a hoot!

·
Registered
6 Posts
CPR for this thread

I just recently picked up an older 650 Strom.
I'm looking to ride it places it shouldn't go.
Such as rail trails, single track, fire roads.
If you are looking to ride, message me. Im also hading for Dover this upcoming October the 13th.

I'm in old south London.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts