StromTrooper banner

Anyone from Ontario Riding to Vermont August 20/21?

1395 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  TOScootz
Are there any Canadians considering riding out from the GTA or environs to the Vermont Adventure (http://www.stromtrooper.com/events/63734-vermont-strom-adventure-aug-20-2011-a.html)?

I'm thinking about it, but would like company. Probably leaving Toronto early on Friday the 19th and returning on Monday the 22nd.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,697 Posts
Probably leaving Toronto early on Friday the 19th and returning on Monday the 22nd.
The amount of time that you have given yourself, is not enough. You will only get passed two exits along Rt 401 in that amount of time......

I would plan on at least 12 days. You should be able to get to the other side of Toronto in 5 days, then two days in Vermont, then 5 days to get back through Toronto.

· Registered
808 Posts
Looks interesting. I had not seen that thread. I haven't tried camping with my bike yet, but might be a good opportunity. I already have the Friday off, but might have to head home Sunday. I think there was one other from the GTA that had posted interest.

· Registered
3,146 Posts
The time frame would work for me too. Friday off (but not a chance leaving early morning since I'll finish work at 4.30 AM) and I have to be back at work Monday night. Looks pretty good to me. Friday at noon time we will past Toronto in an hour or so. Don't worry.

· Registered
520 Posts
The wife and I are heading down from Etobicoke, but we're leaving on Wednesday, and taking a couple of days to get down (wife has 250cc cruiser) When we leave Vermont we're heading for the Eastern Townships of Quebec to take in some early (French) history of Canada.:thumbup:

· What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,697 Posts
The wife and I are heading down from Etobicoke, but we're leaving on Wednesday, and taking a couple of days to get down (wife has 250cc cruiser) When we leave Vermont we're heading for the Eastern Townships of Quebec to take in some early (French) history of Canada.:thumbup:
When you get to the region of Cantons-de-l'Est, pick up this map:

(Folded)

(Unfolded)

(Closer)

This is one of my "playgrounds" that I love to ride in!

· Registered
520 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Barry. The wife had already picked up the MapArt Deluxe Road Atlas of Quebec. I just looked at it again and I see that it's the JDM/MapArt atlas. I think it already contains the info you just pictured, but one a smaller scale. Actually, I just compared them, and while the MapArt version IS smaller, it contained all of the road information and also includes local sights, like museums or other points of interest. It also contains 40 Plans de Ville (city maps) :thumbup:

Doesn't work a drat atop a tank bag though.:biggrinjester:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.