StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a feeler to see if anyone is interested in a ride to Big Bear in California. This usually has the best rider turnout. I think we've done this yearly for the past 5 years or so. Meet in wrightwood at the Grizzle Cafe. Kick stands up at 9:00. Arrive earlier for coffee or breakfast. Then head down the 138 to silverwood, crestline, The rim, Lake arrowhead, and onto Big Bear for some lunch. There are a couple of different routes we can take besides this one if anyone here is so inclined to suggest. It's always a great ride regardless the route. We'll try and skip the harley only parking at various joints in big bear this time. So who's up for it?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Always up for a ride to Big Bear:thumbup:

Jerry

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i'm watching. i'll have to take the long way to wrightwood via ACH though.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As always, anyone on 2 wheels is welcome....even beemers.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
i'm watching. i'll have to take the long way to wrightwood via ACH though.
Do you still have to go up Big Tujunga Canyon?? or is it open from La Canada-Flintridge?
I'll ride out with you if ya like, let me know where to meet up.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's big tujunga canyon for awhile. La canada side should be closed for too damn long. It's an extra 10 minutes or so to get to the entrance. maybe I'll join ya for that section as well. I figure on 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours from sunland to wrightwood.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
:thumbup:
Just figure out a meeting place and time.

Jerry

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
gotta bow of this one. Have picnic to attend that day at Camp Allendale.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Sorry you can't make it.

So where should we meet, I'm still good to ride up Big Tujunga to ACH.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sounds good. There's a Shell Gas station at the corner of oro vista and sunland. Of course take the Sunland exit off the 210. Gas station is across from Jack & The Box. Unless you're taking the Mt. Emma route than I guess we can meet at the Angeles Forest and Big Tujunga Junction. Wait... I don't remember that route from Mt. Emma.....Whatever. I suppose since You're coming from far away you should pick the time. Keep in consideration if you want to eat at the Grizzly or not. I'll be fine with just a cup of coffee or a meal. Your desicion Jerry. Plus I'm not as fast on a bike as some of you older folks. :green_lol:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Sunland and Oro Vista sounds good, would 9:00 be OK. I'll just shoot out the 210 so if you want to meet earlier just let me know.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good to me. How about we set a meeting time for others to meet at the Grizzle Cafe in wrightwood At 10:30 for the ride to Big Bear.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Sounds good to me. How about we set a meeting time for others to meet at the Grizzle Cafe in wrightwood At 10:30 for the ride to Big Bear.
OK, anybody else?? Throw in your hat:thumbup:

Jerry

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Jerry,

Soooo my wife just informed me that I'll be in Vegas with her on that Saturday. Nothing like last minute huh? I'll be on my way back Saturday. I'm leaving on the 24th and staying till the 28th........Reschedule? Raincheck? Sorry. I still want to go to Big Bear via Angeles Crest. Let me know what ya think and anyone else feel free to chime in.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Wife's are like that:green_lol:
Just name a date, I'm usually good to go.

Jerry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts