StromTrooper banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
SWMBO and I have seen one and watched it for a few minutes.
No nutjob here. I am a 40 year pilot and aviation buff.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
One of the things acknowledged in the discussion is how far we have come in under standing quantum mechanics.
I learned string theory from my cat.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
" if aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans. We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet."

— From Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking, 2010

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The white paper I linked does a good job (IMO) of sorting through why these should be believed to be real events. Trained observers of different professional backgrounds observing from different points of view with good data collected.

The discussion of relativistic speeds was interesting as well. Very short periods of time for the travelers, but greater than 4 years passes for each trip on their and our planet. Kind of complicates invasion, but wouldn't stop it if they so desired. It would just slow it down. Of course sightings go back long enough that we could be looking at follow-on repeat visits well underway.

No wonder so few people take this seriously. It sounds nuts. But it may be happening despite how nutty it sounds. I sure would like to be in that briefing to the senate intelligence committee.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Probably, the UFOs do a drive by once in a while to see how screwed up we are. Sort of like how I have a quantity of FB friends who I have unfollowed because they're basically fking nuts, but every so often, I check up on them to see their latest ridiculous political conspiracy theories.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Probably, the UFOs do a drive by once in a while to see how screwed up we are. Sort of like how I have a quantity of FB friends who I have unfollowed because they're basically fking nuts, but every so often, I check up on them to see their latest ridiculous political conspiracy theories.
Yup. I can’t think of a good or benign reason why advanced aliens would want to interact with us. Anyone that can is giving us too much credit.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
Aliens could well come by occasionally to have a look see just as we go to the zoo or aquarium and gawk at the spectacle.
Some might even wager on the potential outcome of what they see. Like off planet betting!

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
The tour bus thing sounds really plausible. There may be some who don't consider the time lost between leaving on vacation and coming back to be significant. It may seem like a day to the traveler, but at a minimum it would be a nearly a decade and probably longer that had passed at home. Since we are speculating, seems like earth could be a stop over to somewhere more important. Grab some water, protein, maintenance if needed, and go space truck'in again.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
"It may seem like a day to the traveler, but at a minimum it would be a nearly a decade and probably longer that had passed at home"

Better be sure you don't leave the sink faucet running, eh? The water bill would be a killer.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts