StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I’ve heard spacetime travel explained this way:
Imagine that we embark on a journey to Proxima Centauri, the closest star to our sun, which is about four light years away. Using classical physics, It would take about 636,000 years to get there on your V-Strom at a constant 70mph/113kmh. Hmmm… don’t have that much vacation left. But there may be a way to get there in a quantum dimension. To illustrate, take a piece of paper and draw a circle at the bottom, and another at the top. One, let’s say the bottom circle, is where you are: Earth, and the top is the destination: Proxima Centauri (PC). Now take a very sharp pencil and make a dot right at the edge of the bottom circle. Then make another dot butting up to the first dot, going in the direction of the PC circle. Continue this process until you arrive at PC. This is how our classic understanding of physics works. But, what if there was a way to fold spacetime back unto itself? Take the paper and fold it in half so that the Earth circle is back-to-back in line with the PC circle, and punch thru both with the pencil. This is how quantum physics travel might work. You would have instantaneously travelled the 6 trillion mi/10 trillion km. In fact, as the pencil is simultaneously on the PC side and the Earth side of your spacetime paper, possibly you also would be here and there. This is the conundrum of quantum wave/particle duality.

·
Vendor
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
V-Tom,

Wow. That is some creative thinking. String theary gave way to membrane theary, and it is all about a bunch of different deminsions. I watch a video on You Tube about a sphere moving in the forth demisnion and it is not all that different in some respects to what you described.

·
Registered
149 Posts
There have also been recent sightings of Bigfoot and historical sighting go way back, like UFOs. Coincidence? I think not!

Here is the theory I came up with while wearing my tinfoil hat: The UFOs are manned by something like Wookies, who Earthlings have come to call Bigfoot (Bigfoots? Bigfeet?) The photo below is from Twitter, which means it must be real. That's why people can never find a Bigfoot. They land in their UFOs, walk around a bit and then take off. Eventually they will invade and enslave us and our future generations will be speaking Wookiee. RAWRGWAWGGR!

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Except just like the Lockness Monster, someone admitted on thier death bed to faking the original photographs that started the modern legends.

That famous photo (without the gun belt) was faked by two guys in California. On his death bed he confessed and revealed the suit either he or his buddy that took teh photo was wearing.

The famous Lock Ness Monster photo

was a toy submarine with a wooden neck.

https://www.lochnesshunters.com/fakes-and-hoaxes

"Duke Wetherell apparently concocted the plan as revenge upon the London Daily Mail newspaper. In 1933 the Daily Mail had hired Wetherell to find the Loch Ness Monster. Soon after arriving at the lake Wetherell found some strange tracks of a four-toed creature in the soft mud near the water. Wetherell estimated that whatever left the tracks must be twenty feet in length. Plaster casts were taken and sent to the London Museum of Natural History. While the world awaited the Museum’s analysis, however, hundreds of monster hunters and tourists showed up at the Loch. Unfortunately after a few weeks the Museum announced that the tracks were not that of an unknown monster, but those of a hippo. Apparently Wetherell himself had been hoaxed. The dried foot used to make the print was probably part of an umbrella stand or ash tray. The Daily Mail was angered at Wetherell and ridiculed and humiliated him.

It was soon after this that Spurling, who was a model-maker by trade, was approached by his stepfather to build the “beast.” Construction was done with plastic wood over the conning tower of the toy submarine he’d purchased. The neck, estimated by some from the photograph to be over three feet high, actually measured between 8 and 12 inches.

“We’ll give them their monster,” Duke told his son. Ian Wetherell and his father took the completed contraption and a camera to the Loch and photographed it on a quiet bay, then sank the evidence in the mud at the edge of the lake. The undeveloped film was then passed to Chambers and on to Colonel Wilson, who had them developed. He then sold them photo to the Daily Mail. The conspirators were quite unprepared for the publicity the photo generated and apparently decided not to admit the hoax. The story stayed unknown for over sixty years."

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Oh great, now I'm gonna find out the Santy Claws and the Easter Bunny aren't real.
I know pink Elephants are real cus i see them when i binge consume certain fluids.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I stumbled across that yesterday, it is definitely interesting. There appear to be very credible people involved, which makes it more interesting for sure. Have to say, though, the wingman pilot that wanted to keep her identity secret doesn't have much of a chance when the lead pilot is identified on the Nimitz story.

Still, it's more believable than the nutjobs on the ancient alien dramas.

·
Vendor
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Agreed. I am a sci-fi fan. My family as a whole are sci-fi fans. I am biased to wanting to think there are aliens and UFOs, but until now I had not seen anything that seemed this credible. Maybe it will trun into a hack reality show eventually, but for now it seems like "some" kind of legitimate leap forward in technology.

·
Vendor
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think its called the "Drake Equation" that essentially defines that its highly improbable to impossible that we are alone in the Universe. There is likely lots of life out there, at many varying levels of development. Some would be behind us, think early earth or any stage between then and now, and some would be way ahead of us. Now the distances that we are away are difficult to fathom and not able to be traveled at our current level of technology or our current understanding of physics. That said, I don't think we are very advanced in physics when theoretically most of the stuff in our universe cannot be defined or identified or isolated (antimatter, dark matter, whatever unknown particles etc). If travel at lightspeed were to be possible time essentially slows down for the traveler that we do understand at least in theory. Then there are multi dimensional theories and ability to bend space time as mentioned above.. I find it all pretty interesting, I figure if any aliens can make it here I hope they find us entertaining because we would be so primitive technologically that it would be like us watching ants marching around...

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Doubt it

I doubt they are the product of our military, or theirs. Those clowns can't come up with a working fighter plane, much less something that can generate 100 g's or more acceleration with no known propulsion source.

Possibly sourced from an alien civilization. But I doubt there's anyone on board. Most likely the equivalent of a drone. Be interesting to monitor the EM spectrum to see if they are evidently communicating. Although they may have a better way, like quantum entanglement.

Looked at from an alien perspective, may well be monitoring to see when develop the technology to leave our solar system. If it looks like we may be ready to export our particular form of irrational self-destruction, they may decide to squash us like bugs.

Can't blame 'em.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
Entangled Particles are real, can be manipulated, and are observable in testing. Another dimension gets a lot of support in the scientific community and kind of makes sense.

"String theory states there must be at least 10 dimensions of space plus one dimension for time, but there are physicists who argue that there are more. Some posit a universe composed of 11 space dimensions."

Quantum Physics: Are Entangled Particles Connected Via An Undetected Dimension?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/05/01/quantum-physics-are-entangled-particles-connected-via-an-undetected-dimension/#5968722d3e18

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
many

Many phenomena observed on quantum particles do not occur with macroscopic (real world) objects. Unless/until we can generate and manipulate artificial gravity (space curvature?) we will neither be able to create wormholes (if in fact they can be made) nor survive passing through them.

And physicists often get seduced by the math, and forget that the math doesn't represent reality, rather like a map is not the terrain. Not uncommon to run across problems for which math does not provide an exact solution. Hence the "Big Bang" spherical chickens in a vacuum joke.

A rather hilarious (for physicists) episode of "Big Bang", where Leonard's potential mate, Leslie Winckle, argues with Sheldon about the validity of loop quantum gravity vs. string theory. When Leonard refuses to accept either as more than a theory, Leslie responds "How will we raise the children?". Then breaks off the relationship, claiming that his failure to accept her interpretation is a deal-breaker.

I kinda suspect that 'time' is an artifact, even though relativity and other theories treat it as a dimension, in order to make the math work out. Sometimes the math predicts things that are never observed in the real world.

·
Vendor
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
The Senate Intelligence committee requested a briefing from the head of the intelligence committee on the UFO situation and any threats posed.

Here is a white paper on the physics behind what has been observed. They conclude the vehicles would be capable of efficient interstellar travel. I read the whole paper. If your eyes start to glaze over skip down to the discussion. 2020 is a strange year for sure.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Count me as a skeptic regarding this phenomena. That is to say the hope or fear of it being aircraft / spacecraft.
I don't doubt that the human visual observers saw something. I don't doubt that the recent radar systems detected a signal.
I do think that they are man made phenomena but from different causes for the early 50s ones and the recent batch.
There are dozens of more "terrestrial" explanations for all of this.
Here is just one:

·
Vendor
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Doesn't seem likely to satellite ranging since the F18s were looking down and observing a vehicle. And the twenty or so observations by radar that descended.

The Japanese airline observation certainly didn't fit anything I can explain. I think they observed for it over twenty minutes. It moved from behind to in front of them and was the size of an aircraft carrier.

News agencies are seriously following the story, so I guess we might actually find out.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Might be God's version of playing with a cat using a flashlight.
There is also a new breed of satellite cameras which send a laser column to clear a path in the atmosphere for the camera lens.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This is an interesting conversation for sure. It brings back to a theory I have had for years, nothing to back it up, but just something to think about.

All this talk about laws of physics and math always makes me think well that's fine but all of what we (man) knows about everything is something that other men and women ( to be PC) have come up with right? What if the basic premise of these sciences is flawed.

We have no way of knowing that any of what man/women have come up with is accurate. So when they say these objects do thing that are not possible based on these sciences that could possibly mean nothing because we could be wrong about all of it.

Just something to think about.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts