StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
The SR71 went into service in 1964 at mach 3. Remember the automotive technology civilians has at that same time? I would love to know what we have hidden away today.

Reactions: hoggdoc and Big B

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Like real insect cyborgs with video cameras that can be steered remotely. https://www.roboticstomorrow.com/article/2018/06/the-world-of-insect-cyborgs/12087

There was a time when i thought a bomb with the effect of a nuclear bomb, but without the fall out would be the ultimate weapon. A Nuc you were not afraid of using (e.g., MOAB, fuel air weapons), but precision guided munitions showed us that Nucs are mostly useful as a deterrent against other nucs.

The SR-72 is supposed to be able to reach any place in the world within an hour once deployed on each continent (I know, SR-72 sounds like a You-Tube fantasy farce.) and we have missiles that can reach anywhere in the world in minutes now.

Aliens would be cool though. If they are aliens they must be easy to get along with because they haven't doenanything bad yet.... unless they are just waiting, biding their time.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
If you have ever seen the UFO documentary that has run on TV for about the last twenty years where a UFO(s) was spotted near Highland, IL (St. Louis metro) with many eye witnesses heading SW over Lebanon, IL then Shiloh, IL and eventually disappearing near Dupo, IL. at night. Several LE called it in and gave interesting stories about it's travel and shapes. Many civilians called it in with some wild tales. At first they thought it was something out of the Scott AFB which is in the area. Eventually, they gave up on it being military and Channel 4 in St. Louis thought it merited an hour long documentary with witnesses and they still play it from time to time on cable channels like Discovery. To make a long story short. We knew back then and we know now that there were no aliens involved and what caused the freak-out and it/they were very earthly. The folks involved were scared to come forth and explain it as it violated some night time air operations rules. I was not involved personally but I have flown that route many times legally during the day. Someone should have figured out something unique about that route. :)

Here is the story again.

Three times a UFO has been spotted flying over the metro-east
https://www.bnd.com/living/magazine/article163418718.html

·
Registered
728 Posts
“No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.” :fineprint:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Like real insect cyborgs with video cameras that can be steered remotely. https://www.roboticstomorrow.com/article/2018/06/the-world-of-insect-cyborgs/12087

There was a time when i thought a bomb with the effect of a nuclear bomb, but without the fall out would be the ultimate weapon. A Nuc you were not afraid of using (e.g., MOAB, fuel air weapons), but precision guided munitions showed us that Nucs are mostly useful as a deterrent against other nucs.

The SR-72 is supposed to be able to reach any place in the world within an hour once deployed on each continent (I know, SR-72 sounds like a You-Tube fantasy farce.) and we have missiles that can reach anywhere in the world in minutes now.

Aliens would be cool though. If they are aliens they must be easy to get along with because they haven't doenanything bad yet.... unless they are just waiting, biding their time.
Or maybe we are just a big ant farm to them, whom knows.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have met two women that claimed to be abducted by alien beings. Hey, I just listen to their stories, they were, uh interesting. One got quite emotional and wide eyed as well as having all the hairs on her arms stand straight up while telling her story.

And I have a friend that retired from White Sands missile base after a +30 year career who had a very high security clearance. He told me he has seen things that he did not believe possible and that defied any normal or logical explanation. A few times over the years, usually coinciding when nukes were on base there would be detection of these objects, the on-base jets were scrambled to intercept but they evaded at such a high rate of speed and performed maneuvers at that speed that were incredible. One was travelling across the sky being chased by jets and then went straight up vertical and disappeared from the screen. He thought it was not a drill using known/friendly technology as the scramble was always at the highest alert level and the pursuit jets were always fully armed with live ordinance.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I subscribe to Stephen Hawking's theory. If there are aliens, we may not want to advertise our presence. We may not like what happens when they get here.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I have met two women that claimed to be abducted by alien beings. Hey, I just listen to their stories, they were, uh interesting. One got quite emotional and wide eyed as well as having all the hairs on her arms stand straight up while telling her story.
I don't want to make light of that person's experience. I'm sure that was terrifying. But it makes me wonder about the similarities with the story a fish would tell its peers after dealing with a catch-and-release episode... "One minute I was just minding my business, having something to eat and whamm ! These creatures with big round eyes and long skinny tentacles on the end of their fins snatched me up. They held me down in some sort of ship that just floated above the world and examined me. They measured me, then held me up by my gill in front of some sort of clicking box. I was struggling to breath and then with some advanced telepathic power, they read my mind and threw me back into the water."

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I don't want to make light of that person's experience. I'm sure that was terrifying. But it makes me wonder about the similarities with the story a fish would tell its peers after dealing with a catch-and-release episode... "One minute I was just minding my business, having something to eat and whamm ! These creatures with big round eyes and long skinny tentacles on the end of their fins snatched me up. They held me down in some sort of ship that just floated above the world and examined me. They measured me, then held me up by my gill in front of some sort of clicking box. I was struggling to breath and then with some advanced telepathic power, they read my mind and threw me back into the water."
And the ones that get eaten are never heard from again.

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I poo-poo-ed the Pheonix lights thing when I first heard about it. Lot's of UFOs are seen off Gulf Breeze that are nothing more than helicopter rotor tip lights on off shore aircraft. I asumed it must have been something like that. And then i read the first hand accounts. If it was man made it must have been drifting due to system failure because it was there for thousands to see and it was not flares.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Or maybe we are just a big ant farm to them, whom knows.

Yep, I wouldn't expect much interest from beings so advanced that don't conform to our understanding of physics.

The move Arrival is an interesting take on first contact. I would like to think that our expectations are far from the "reality".

Of course I always thought that the movie Skyline was the most realistic portrayal of an actual invasion. No spoilers but there's nothing we could do to fight them if it came that.

Reactions: Big B

·
Registered
308 Posts
Available on Netflix

Yep, I wouldn't expect much interest from beings so addvanced that don't conform to our understanding of physics.

The move Arrival is an interesting take on first contact. I would like to think that our expectations are far from the "reality".

Of course I always thought that the movie Skyline was the most realistic portrayal of an actual invasion. No spoilers but there's nothing we could do to fight them if it came that.
Both the first movie "Skyline (2010)" and the sequel "Beyond Skyline (2017)" are currently available on Netflix.:smile2:

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have to agree with both comments above. If they can travel faster than light, and avoid the inertial consequences of the movements observed, we are nothing more than the local fauna to be avoided. Earth would be nothing more than a safe harbor or way station (I hope).

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
In case you have not been watching TV lately there has been a lot of reporting of high quality UFO sightings/tracking. The Navy has been collecting reports and the government is actively looking for input. "The Nimitz Incidents" seem to have pushed all this out in the open. Google Nimitz incident if you haven't heard about it, but they have occured in both Atlantic and Pacific, as well as over land.

As much as i would like to think alien made it here and are just avoiding us, it seems to me that it is much more likely advanced US technology. The very first week LIGO was started up the detected gravitational waves. That was how long ago? Seems like the most plausible explanation is that we developed anti gravity propulsion and are using it in drones, or some other unmanned areal vehicles. After all, we developed the SR-71 way back around 1960.
I blame Blair. :wink2:

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Most people have good intentions when making a decision. Their decisions are usually based in what they know, how they were trained, what they think they see, etc. But if they make a mistake due to a flaw in one of fhose basis for decision making, they evaluate the result with teh same flawed basis and therefore whatthey see looks correct to them. The mistake can nly be seen by someone who with a different point of view, more complete or correct training, or without soem bias affecting the decision process.

It applies to UFO identificaion too. And really bad risky decisions with far reaching consequences.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
The distances just seem too great to me.
Plenty of other life forms out there, yes. Why wouldn't there be?
But I think all we can do is wave to one another.
And I enjoy sci-fi as much as the next person.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
The distances just seem too great to me.
Plenty of other life forms out there, yes. Why wouldn't there be?
But I think all we can do is wave to one another.
And I enjoy sci-fi as much as the next person.

With our understanding of physics yep. The UFOs observed don't seem to conform to our understanding though. Instant acceleration from stop, high speed right angle turns, etc. that kind of stuff that's not possible as far as we know.

There's a school of thought that we are alone in the universe because of the extraordinary mathematical odds that need to be meet to create/sustain life, at least life as we could imagine.

Stop looking for ET: modelling suggests we’re alone in the universe

·
Administrator
13,563 Posts
With our understanding of physics yep. The UFOs observed don't seem to conform to our understanding though. Instant acceleration from stop, high speed right angle turns, etc. that kind of stuff that's not possible as far as we know.
(I don't have education beyond high school so don't have the formal math skill to back up what I write below.)

There is a relationship between dimensions and right angles. 2d space can be expressed as a right angle from 1d. 3D can be expressed as a right angle from 2d space. (fwiw Lines of magnetism can be shown as a right angle from lines of electricity. I think equations in calculus are related to right-angle equations as well.)

I have wondered for a while now if velocity is an actual different dimension and if the same is true for acceleration. If they were actual different dimensions that we only perceive part of in our 3 dimensional space it might very well be that they are moving into a different dimension and we only see part of that. If that was the case they wouldn't be experiencing instantaneous acceleration that right angle turns would imply but instead are just going into a different dimension.

..Tom

21 - 40 of 71 Posts