StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In case you have not been watching TV lately there has been a lot of reporting of high quality UFO sightings/tracking. The Navy has been collecting reports and the government is actively looking for input. "The Nimitz Incidents" seem to have pushed all this out in the open. Google Nimitz incident if you haven't heard about it, but they have occured in both Atlantic and Pacific, as well as over land.

As much as i would like to think alien made it here and are just avoiding us, it seems to me that it is much more likely advanced US technology. The very first week LIGO was started up the detected gravitational waves. That was how long ago? Seems like the most plausible explanation is that we developed anti gravity propulsion and are using it in drones, or some other unmanned areal vehicles. After all, we developed the SR-71 way back around 1960.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Bit of a jump from a sensitive detector 30 years in the making to controlling gravity.
Wishful thinking.

That said advanced technology can be unexplained by our current knowledge of physics. I'll keep an open mind on both alien ( unlikely ) and earthbound ( likely ) strange tech.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
UFO's have been recorded for 100's of years. Look to a lot of old images painted long ago. There are images of what seems to be spacecraft in many masters paintings.
Prehistoric peoples put images on the walls of what seems to be space suited people decorating ancient walls.
What would the religions of today do to explain beings from another planet that don't share the established beliefs society holds so dear.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Interesting topic. I frequently watch Nasa's Unexplained Files on the Science Channel and Ancient Aliens on History.
Some of it is tinfoil hat fluff, but much of the content makes me wonder...
Some omages can be explained by pareidolia, perceiving a familiar object or person in a natural pattern- the "man in the Moon" or cloud images

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The history channel has turned this subject into a TV series that reeks of thier standard "reality show" shtick.

Regarding time from proof of principal to working prototype -

Nucler reactor: Chicogo plie December 1942 to B-Reactor September 1944.

Practical nuclear weapon, Chicogo plie December 1942 to Hiroshima weapon August 1945.

First American in space February 1962 to first man on the moon July 1969.

The craft in the videos accelerate to fast for humans, but not too fast for electronics to survive. Could be hardened drones. With artifical intellagence. Controlled by a sentient program existing on a network of computers all across the world. I have a bad feeling about this.

·
Registered
661 Posts
[Kinda format-challenged]
I meant to embed these photos in the text .
i) a cloud (2)Pyramid formation(?) on Mars (3)"hub-and brake-disk?" Note the center hole and square inspection port.
A few years ago, I saw a NASA image of what looked to be a large 100,000 sq ft rectangular warehouse/factory image beyond a rocky outcropping. I tried to search it again, bur the "warehouse" was removed, leaving only the outcropping. So who removed it- NASA or the "builders?"
Okay the photos uploaded in reverse order-

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Interesting stuff... wouldn't surprise me one bit if it were Alien technology, leveraged by Aliens or Humans :grin2:

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Civilizations all over the world have been seeing things in the sky/sea/land which they can't explain or freaked them out, so I won't ever poo poo the notion that we are alone in the universe.

Reactions: Motorpsychology

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
laser aided high resolution satellite photography

There are several private (and assumed military) outfits using laser beams to "pierce" atmospheric refraction in order to perfect satellite imaging. There have been multiple companies launching the new micro-satellites in batches of hundreds per launch. There are even sat applications using high frequency ultrasound. Here on Earth "HIFU" beams are used to burn cancer cells in a human prostate gland without a drop of blood. Where ever the HIFU beams intersect they generate heat. Possibly, the UFO radar sightings are picking up heat signatures with the very newly updated military radar systems.

So while something is obviously happening ... it might be more akin to playing with your cat using a flashlight than space aliens. I tend to think the plausible explanation is commercial entities stumbling into interference with the new computer-compiled, multi-sourced radar systems. A more sinister explanation could be our new US Space Force testing against our own Navy pilots to generate the need for more funding.

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No doubt about it. People are pattern matchers. It was part of our evolution and is still a useful instinct or trait. Just search for pictures of sexy vegetables. However, these sightings are verified by radar, tv camera, and multiple reliable observers moving at multiple altitudes and speeds. They certainly seem to be real objects under integent control.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
the one that spooked me for pattern matching was the face in the smoke during the 911 collapse.

I thought it was just me but hundreds saw the same thing.

Airline pilots have seen some very odd things but most often will not report as it goes on their record.

·
Registered
650 Posts
A computer would not see a face in the above picture. There is a process in the mind that causes us to complete an incomplete possible image into a recognizable image. This helped our distant ancestors to "see" a predator where there was only part of a predator visible. On Camelback mountain in Phx AZ there is rock formation called "the praying monk". From a distance it really seems to look like a praying monk. Get closer to the rock formation and you see too much detail to allow your mind to complete the visual information into a praying monk. When we have pictures of something that our mind can interpret subjectively such as a UFO, we have a hard time seeing it completely objectively as a computer would. This causes different opinions of what we are seeing.

"The truth is out there"

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
It's a big Universe, they theorize there are billions of earth-like planets just in our galaxy alone. There are billions of galaxies in the universe. Our existence is strong circumstantial evidence of their existence. The problem I see is the distances involved cannot be traveled, at least with our technology and knowledge of physics. How do you travel millions of light years and live to talk about it, you don't? I suspect they exist, but we will never meet them. If they have visited and these objects are extraterrestrial then they are a lot closer than we know and kept their civilization well hidden from us humans, probably for a reason.

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just read where the exoplanet studies have shown that 20% of stars studied thus far have rocky planets in the habital zone. That is not far from what was originally postulated in the Drake equation.

Is there life out there - it would be astonishing in my mind if there wasn't. The problem is the distance and limitations on travel imposed by what we know of physics. Uncountable civilizations have probably come and gone in the 13.7 billion years this particular universe has been around. Most of them probably having asked the question "are we alone." Might as well be I guess if you can't communicate with, abserve, or know for certain others are out there.

I'm no buying the bug in the new system theory for the events witnessed, because they were actually winessed with eyes directly, shown on TV cameras, and the new radar systems. The new radar systems just found them first. Seems most likely to be advanced human technology. People were still flying on Lockheed Constillations when the SR-71 was first flown at mach 3.5. That was sixty years ago. Now Lockheed has acknowledged a mach 6 aircraft. I can't help, but hope that we have something secret now as advanced as nucear weapons and the SR-71 were in their time. So I'm prejudiced toward man made technology because I want to believe we are that we are overwhelmingly pepared to defend ourselves. Deterence through superior strength.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts