StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's between this one and the Weld 86. Not sure if the new Vstrom has any differences from the previous one when it comes to mounting a plate.

·
Registered
14,236 Posts
I like the look of the Hyde but got the Weld plate. I don't go rock bashing so I can't report on what a great job is does in the rough.
At least the Weld is a lightweight device like the Hyde.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My '04 came to me with some giant square aluminum pan under it, Adventure Tech maybe? I ditched it immediately. I had a DR 350 for such riding at the time. Put on a Hyde. Noticeably quieter and I have 30K+ miles, at least 2K on dirt and gravel roads, and it is scratched but still doing it's job. I would buy another when I get another Strom. Might even buy one for my new '08 WR250R.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought one today. Hope the mounting is decent.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Mine is on it's second 100,000k + DL 650. It has scars but it's been fantastic - there's probably nothing more effective at protecting the bike from damage. And it's taken some amazing hits.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Bought one today. Hope the mounting is decent.

I had one on my 650.

The plate cones with a drywall type anchor for the left side. It works for a few on and offs.

I ran a bolt (5"ish) through the left side and used a nylock on the right. There's room to get a wrench to hold the nut.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had one on my 650.

The plate cones with a drywall type anchor for the left side. It works for a few on and offs.

I ran a bolt (5"ish) through the left side and used a nylock on the right. There's room to get a wrench to hold the nut.
If you could post a photo that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If you could post a photo that would be appreciated.

I don't have the 650 anymore.

Pretty self explanatory though. Get rid of the plastic anchor and run a bolt all the way through from the left. Don't remember the diameter, take the bolt Hyde sends down to hardware store with you!

The plastic anchor does work for awhile. I just thought it was kind of cheesy.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK thanks, When I get mine, I'll figure something out. Have the whole winter to putter with this Bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts