StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many owners have commented on a lack luster brake performance on the 2017+ DL650. Has anyone tried switching to a HH compound brake pad to improve brake response?

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Put them on my 05 650. Made a noticeable difference. Well worth the time and money for me. Also tried them on the rear and didn't care for them there.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,190 Posts
I have installed HH pads on 3 of the Stroms we have owned. They are certainly an improvement over the stock brakes and well worth the trouble to buy and install them. I would like to try something even more "aggressive".

The rear has a dead feel no matter what you put on it, but you would be surprised at how much it is actually doing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Many owners have commented on a lack luster brake performance on the 2017+ DL650. Has anyone tried switching to a HH compound brake pad to improve brake response?
You have experience with HH pads. They came on your bike from the factory. But, pads from brands like Braking and EBC will be better.

·
5,190 Posts
You have experience with HH pads. They came on your bike from the factory. But, pads from brands like Braking and EBC will be better.
I have a 2012 DL 650. Just double checked the brake pads. They are NOT HH pad and they are the factory originals. The part number for the 2017 DL 650 is the exact same part number for the brake pads as the 2012.

I have seen factory Suzuki pads with the HH designation. SV 1000 comes standard with them for instance. But the DL 650 never has to my knowledge.

·
5,190 Posts
Yes, I realize this is a 2017 forum. But I also realize the 2012 and the 2017 has the exact same brake system. My OEM pads are not HH, yet you confirm that yours are. BOTH have the same Suzuki replacement part number. Which does not add up. But stranger things have happened.

I would wonder if there might be a difference between models? Maybe spoke wheel bikes getting a different pad?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
After about 50% wear I was not happy with my EBC HH Sintered. I switched to Ferodo Sintered and changed the brake fluid to Super DOT4. Not sure which one helped more, but after 6K miles the firm lever and quick stopping power are great.

Ferodo:
https://www.motosport.com/ferodo-sintered-st-brake-pads

If you change brake fluid, make sure you flush all the old stuff out since even though the two fluids are compatible in the system, they may or may not play well with each other. One more tip......change to the new pads after you change and bleed because I got fluid all over the new pads :(

·
Registered
469 Posts
I've had an excellent experience with *THESE* sintered HH pads from Braking. I've had them on my last 4 bike and found them better then the EBC as well.

This is why I have several sets in my garage and have extras to share. Hard to find so I've squirreled a few sets away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts