StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2004 VFR800 Asphalt black that was a nice bike but my legs always felt cramped after 1.5-2 hours. That was after changing the seat to a sargent and adding Heli bars. Don't get me wrong it is a great bike and fits many very well. The Wee is hands down roomier and way more comfortable. Its easier to work on (less fairings/cowlings):thumbup:, the seat isn't as flimsy to remove:thumbdown:, and the sound of the exhaust is equally cool (both bikes with aftermarket exhausts). The Wee is pretty smooth and handles pretty well with the fork legs raised 15mm, but will never be as firm/taut in the curves. I liken the Wee to a Camry V6 sedan that can boogey on curvy roads, whereas the VFR was like a BMW 325 sedan that doesn't go too much faster but, subjectively, feels more connected while doing so. The VFR could wheelie very easily. With an Ohlins (or any quality shock) and front suspension work the Wee would handle in a similarly sophisticated way. Actually, a bike as competent as the VFR was often boring at slower speeds.:thumbdown: This caused me to push it. Also that bike sucked in traffic (fans came on above 220F).:thumbdown:

When I consider that I spent $6800 for my TWO used bikes ('07 used Wee and '03 XR650L) that is about $2000 less than my VFR cost me new. In fact I sold my VFR for $6995. The COMBINED insurance is also cheaper, as is the COMBINED maintenance. Plus I have two bikes that are actually fun to drive under a 85 mph.:hurray: In fact I threw in a trailer and I now have a well rounded set of bikes that I can share rather than a more narrowly focused sporty tool. That sums it up. Maybe I've both evolved and gotten re-connected with the basics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah.....you're just getting old!
Ha ha. I'm busted. It's so true! I'm getting so old that a Valkyrie or V-Max is starting to look good as a third bike. We get old but never really grow up.

I wish I could keep all three bikes.

Fortunately, my dad still has his '05 VFR that I can ride a few times a year.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I never had one but I considered getting one. I ended up with the strom because of the leg room and the fact it is more fun to ride at semi-legal speeds. The VFR would be more like most sport-bikes and would always be asking to go faster. My 919 was a little boring to ride at the speed limit and it's not even a "fast" bike.

I do love the way the VFR's look!

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
hijack alert

1. It's amazing what a difference the Leo Vince full system makes to the look of the wee. The different headers give it a more sporty look, dare I say a bit like a Ducati (only in the engine area, of course).

2. I love the Swiss army knife decal! Where did you get it?

/hijack

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. It's amazing what a difference the Leo Vince full system makes to the look of the wee. The different headers give it a more sporty look, dare I say a bit like a Ducati (only in the engine area, of course).

2. I love the Swiss army knife decal! Where did you get it?

/hijack
I just bought this Wee just under 2 weeks ago and it had the Swiss Army decal, Leo Vince, and black KTM high mount front fender. The fender with the knobbies gives it a sort of GS/Supermoto/Ulysses inspired look. Glad you dig it:yesnod:

·
Registered
609 Posts
My last bike wasnt a VFR but it was a K1200RS with 130hp and similar riding position. I rented a VFR once and liked it alot. I wanted one for a long time and I have considered one before. They sure are nice. I would love one as a second bike to the wee.

·
Registered
155 Posts
vfr

sold my vfr and st 1300 and bought a slightly used 1000 10 years on the vfr and never touched it bullet proof . was getting up in miles.st was to heavy. the strom seems to be right in the middle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts